cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userorMAjAOWiW
Constellation

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me within the first month of note 8 being released. Should I be worried that the warranty replacement only being less than one month old when I got it, is susceptible to the same issue? I've had the replacment device for a few months now,  think I fully died once, and it powered back up just fine. 

userReeb9M5mAt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen when I accidentally let my phone drain to nothing. It happened about three weeks after the release date.  I sent it back to Verizon and got a replacement phone. It has worked fine ever since. Tried everything I could think of different charger , trickle charger, left it on charger no avail.

user4Z6wXLZ5UZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me twice on my S8+. First time it took 1.5 hours on a charger for it to revive and the second time was even more scarier at 3 hours of trying to get it to work. Mine is a launch S8+, should I contact Samsung for a replacement? 

NathanCCI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday I just happened to read the article at https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8-battery-problem-dead-charge-825899/ that showed up in my Google Now news feed and found it interesting. Then this morning my wife told me her phone wouldn't charge last night and she thought something was wrong with her charger. She has an S8 and I have the S8+ so I put her phone on my charger and no lights come on or anything. Apparently she inadvertently allowed her S8 to go to 0% charge and now it won't take a charge. Has anyone heard of this happening to an S8? I'll probably be reaching out to Sprint soon.

user4QK4Si2kpV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had it happen to my note 5 is just stop working and wouldn't charge wouldn't do anything so I bought a new phone. About 3 weeks later I woke up one morning too my alarm going off, the phone was on again.  I couldn't explain or understand why but it still works perfectly

Highlighted
userrjkNQwgxMy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried over three timrs that drain my s8 battery drain to 0% and its able to charge back immediately when you plug in the cable. Its work with my on car charge. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got one 2 weeks ago from AT&T and really like the phone. However if I',m going to have a brick in a few months I want the asurance of being able to go into AT&T and get a new phone, not a refurb. Samsung would be out of there mind if they think it is normal, ever hear of the lemon law.

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry you had to speak with your lawyer. We are trying our best to isolate and fix the problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not saying that's what's going to happen. I'm just saying that is either AT&T or Samsung tries to offer me a refurbished item I won't except it. I expected  a brand new phone as a replacemt if it comes to that. I've had companies do that to me before and it's just not right.

I work as a photo retoucher for a few high end  photographers and work the same way as I'd expect others. If they don't like the way I did an edit, I redo it at no extra charge. In providing that service I get many return customers

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone is experiencing this difficulty, please get in touch with our Facebook or Twitter support for the quickest turnaround for help with your concern. You are also welcome to get in touch with me via Private Message, but our social channels will provide you with the quickest repair options for your device.

Thanks to everyone for reaching out about this!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.