Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAUhcqkDviT
Constellation

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello There,

My note 8 is not powering after battery was drained (accidentally). I spoke to premium support and they initiated a claim, Is there any thing else i should do to revive my phone so i can use my phone.

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAUhcqkDviT wrote:

Hello There,

My note 8 is not powering after battery was drained (accidentally). I spoke to premium support and they initiated a claim, Is there any thing else i should do to revive my phone so i can use my phone.

Thanks

I've seen mention on several forums that putting it one a wireless charger may revive it. I just got my note 8 and haven't experienced the battery problem as I haven't let it die. 

If you don't have one, just drop ino a best buy or any place that sells them that might have one setup as a demo

Highlighted
gudlouking
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same situation on my note 8 - not charging not turning on.  I have tried all the recommended solutions, but still my note 8 is dead.

please help - i dont have a phone currently.

thanks much

Gudlouking

userHyO6o2Gewo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try using your usb plugged into your computer to slow charge the phone, once you see a charge starting, plug into your fast charger,

. Hope that works for you.

user1hJxtzGRnv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Trevor my name is Chris and I've been with Samsung since the Note 3. The Note 8 already 4 times now they sent me replacement devices loses its charge even though the battery is 80% or even better it heats up and then won't turn on. And then it won't accept a charge. Then I put the dead unit on a wireless charger and it charges but it won't turn on. I press the volume down key and the power button at the same time I press the Bixby button the volume down key and power button at the same time. This is the fourth time. This is really ridiculous and Verizon won't let me change my Note 8 to something else. I have to keep using my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus while waiting for replacement devices. I am constantly getting fed up with this and this is ridiculous. You guys used to make good products but the last two notes I don't know what's going on with this is not fair. Verizon just keep sending replacement devices free of charge. They will not let me switch phones. You have a serious issue with your batteries once again. Please help me here

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user1hJxtzGRnv, I'm happy to help! I'm really sorry you have to encounter all of this difficulty, I'm more than happy to work with you to make this right.

Would you mind sending me a Private Message so that we can get some more personal details about your device? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userHyO6o2Gewo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine did the same thing. Could not power on. Then meraciously the thing powered on after about 4 hours of being plugged in to a charger.  My battery was at 0% when this happened. I'm concerned about if it happens again and I'm out of warranty. 

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Are all Note 8's affected work the dead on 0 charge issue, or are some? If not all, is there a way to know if a device is affected without actually draining the battery?

2. Will this be fixed by a firmware update?

user1hJxtzGRnv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Galaxy Note 8 keeps dropping a charge around 80% and doesn't turn on. This is happened to me twice during the work day when I need my phone. The only way that I figured out just now how to charge it is wirelessly otherwise it won't charge and will just drop the power in a full battery and not turn on and not be responsive to a plug-in charge whatsoever. I am going on my third warranty return and I'm getting quite upset with this last year it was the Galaxy Note 7 this year's the Galaxy Note 8 to be honest have your parts are in the iPhone I might just have to go over to the iPhone x I can't believe I'm putting up with this bull**bleep** once again. You guys make good phones but your batteries aren't reliable for **bleep**

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, everyone. 

For those who haven't reached out to support and set up a repair or return, can I get the same device information as requested above?