cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergP4h8ql63m
Constellation

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The same thing happened to me. My phone went down to zero charge during the night. When I plugged it in I got a funny looking little lightning bolt for a few minutes, it does a few times, then it was dead dead. No matter how long I left it on the charger, it was dead. A hard reboot did not work either. I took it to the Verizon store and they gave me a warranty replacement. I'm not happy about having a used slash rebuilt phone.
user9QQmEOfrxU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did your issue get resolved?

I was thinking about getting a note 8 but now this charging issue has come up.

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any plan to solve this at all with a software update?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If everyone has tried these troubleshooting steps and are in the US, please reach out to me via Private Message and I'll be happy to help!

If you have an international device, please reach out to your regional support for further assistance.

Thanks for all of the feedback you all have provided.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please post a public reply? Those of us who have this phone but haven't run the battery down yet, are anxious to know if the issue is solvable or not.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @usersFRrD4kJkx, as there is no easy way for me to speculate as to the current status of every single device, there is no blanket statement I can provide. If you could follow the steps I posted above, either contacting me or your regional support is the quickest way to find a resolution for your concern. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUlqLL5O35x
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me....TWICE now. 

Returned the phone 3 weeks ago to Samsung to have it "repaired."

Their "repair" didn't work and now my phone is on the way back to them again.

2 days there, 2 days there, 5-7 days for them to "repair" it.  I have had this phone for about 3 months and it has spent almost 1 month out of my possession for repairs.

This is the first problem I have ever had with any phone and my first experience going without a phone since the late 1990's.

Samsugn will not just give a replacement new one, they keep insisting that all they can do is "repair" the phone I was sold.  So here I am without any phone for another almost 2 weeks after spending $800.00 on a note 8. 

To everyone that has this phone, do not ever let the battery drain ever, you may learn the hard way that your phone has issues as well.

Furious, Disappointed, considering never purchasing Samsung anything ever again.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, @userUlqLL5O35x, it looks like you already have a repair set up with us. If there is anything else we can do for you at this time, please let me know!

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear your case, and thanks for the advice. Not knowing if my phone also has this bug is a nightmare, especially since Samsung doesn't seem to take it seriously and want to repair design flaws, which at best gives us a repaired phone at the expense of a new phone.

Wouldn't have purchased this if I had known this earlier.

Question: Did you happen to try the troubleshooting steps? (Am wondering in case you missed something that works to receive it without 'repair'.)

To Samsung, you asked if anything can be done - the answer is obvious isn't it? 1. Give the affected used a replacement, not refurbished, but a new device. 2. Give them something additional to compensate for the lack of understanding of the emotional trauma of having a new device being repaired for months.

If (as you claim) very few phones are affected with this bug, recall and replace all of them.

The worst thing you can do here is to do nothing, and the second worst is to try to 'repair' a new phone for manufacturing defects.

userYqcEzl2CQ0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Happened to me Sunday 1/14/18

Just shipped my $1000 brick to Texas to be repaired.

Only 4 months old.

Fortunately, I kept my original note so I have a phone and text.

Looks to me like this is going to be a repeat problem with no permanent fix in sight.

If you just keep replacing the battery and charging system with the same thing, it will come back.

Clearly a design flaw.

Maybe as a temporary fix, software gives a warning at 20% and turns off at 10% and will reset and allow power up when it is being charged and is above 20%.

What is the fix from Samsung?

-Emil