SiG10mm
Constellation

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great, I just wanted to check before we continued.

Would you mind providing us with the following?

• Baseband Version
  • Model number
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQJspWv9LoM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, my Note 8 has started doing this this week, today was the 3rd time each time about 2 days apart, it seems random and happens when the phone screen is off, I go to turn the screen back on and get no input, I have a gear s2 connected and it says it is still connected however still no response from phone being plugged in. It seems holding the power and volume down button will reboot it out of this at which point my gear s2 then vibrates to tell me it has lost connection. So it seems when the phone is freezing up it is still on and at least connecting to Bluetooth still. Baseband: N950USQS2BQK2 Model: SM-N950U Carrier: Verizon
userEXDuFMeTLq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQJspWv9LoM wrote:
Hi, my Note 8 has started doing this this week, today was the 3rd time each time about 2 days apart, it seems random and happens when the phone screen is off, I go to turn the screen back on and get no input, I have a gear s2 connected and it says it is still connected however still no response from phone being plugged in. It seems holding the power and volume down button will reboot it out of this at which point my gear s2 then vibrates to tell me it has lost connection. So it seems when the phone is freezing up it is still on and at least connecting to Bluetooth still. Baseband: N950USQS2BQK2 Model: SM-N950U Carrier: Verizon

Seeing as this is a completely different problem than the one everyone else is having, shouldn't this question be moved to its own thread?

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes everyone with a different problem create a separate thread be please. Adding your issue here will slow down the process of solving it, as well as dilute this thread.

Coming back to the problem, of phone no longer charging after a full battery drain, is this caused by a recent firmware update? Since no one appeared to have noticed this before and the phone has been around for quite some time?

userEXDuFMeTLq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

Great, I just wanted to check before we continued.

Would you mind providing us with the following?

• Baseband Version
  • Model number
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone.

Are you seriously asking someone with a bricked phone to give you information from his phone's settings menu? Do you honestly not see anything wrong with this scenario?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear about this, @userQJspWv9LoM. I appreciate you providing that information right out of the gate, have you attempted to run your phone without the gear paired to it?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergP4h8ql63m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Haha, if your phone is dead, you can't call anyone or use Samsung+ App.

AnakiMana
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergP4h8ql63m wrote:

Haha, if your phone is dead, you can't call anyone or use Samsung+ App.

That advice was given to someone whose phone worked but didn't have their SIM tray/card. You're laughing at them, but everyone who read the context is laughing at you. LOL

usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone confirm if any bricking occurred to a phone without recent firmware upgrade?

Because if not, that might mean the recent firmware caused this. Furthermore, firmwares are usually rolled out slowly, which may be the reason not all phones are affected.

If that's the case, it's possible Samsung has stopped the firmware rollout after this news.

Big companies like Samsung may take time and have internal hurdles to cross before they can come back with an official response. We can try to piece together the puzzle in the meanwhile ourselves, as much possible.