cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersFRrD4kJkx
Cosmic Ray

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a digression, this would have been a far less serious issue if battery was replaceable.

I hope Samsung (and others) reconsider to use replaceable batteries. The phones are glued together in such a way, that even factory repairs leave scratch marks. The waterproofing is not really worth it at this cost. I for one would welcome and bolster my decision to buy a new Note if batteries were changeable instead of waterproof.

(That could have also cushioned the Note 7 disaster, and saved the loss of $5.3 billion.)

usergP4h8ql63m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@AnakiMana wrote:

@usergP4h8ql63m wrote:

Haha, if your phone is dead, you can't call anyone or use Samsung+ App.

That advice was given to someone whose phone worked but didn't have their SIM tray/card. You're laughing at them, but everyone who read the context is laughing at you. LOL

ROFL at you Smiley Happy 

userrHah8mWFW9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 4 did the same thing about a week ago battery ran all the way down and now it wont turn on at all.

maybe its a virus attack on Android phones or on Samsung 

userRRy2Radn9k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My brand new Unlocked note8 purchased from samsung.com died of same issue within less than 3 months and Its repaired again and again. I requested for the replacement but No one from Samsung cares about customer concerns. I paid 1000$ for a refurbished phone. 

userdBs3HT72zb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem too on my Note 8. Phone charged over night with OEM charger. No sign of any indication light on or any sign of noise. Phone wouldn't turn on or after all the boot reset. How do I get this fix?
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's really frustrating, I'm sorry to hear that @userdBs3HT72zb. Would you mind trying to power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys until it boots into the Recovery Menu. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

If this doesn't work, we'll work on some other solutions. Just let me know!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdBs3HT72zb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried volume down + power,  and Volume up + Bixby + power, still not working.  It feel like after charging days or hours. Phone seem to have no charge like it death. I even go out and buy the most expensive wall and type c cable still not working. Phone never drop, no water mark or any physical damage. After reading couple posts here. More like the battery is faulty and or the charging system not working.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm really sorry to hear that, @userdBs3HT72zb, I know how frustrating it is when you're new device isn't working. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM so I can gather some more specifics about your device, I'll be happy to look in to what else I can do for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdBs3HT72zb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry, how do I PM you in here. Can you walk me through it.
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userdBs3HT72zb, I've went ahead and sent you a PM. You may need to login to a desktop to see this if you are using the Samsung+ app on your device.