How does one teach a Samsung R7040 to go places it's missing?

Constellation

How does one teach a Samsung R7040 to go places it's missing?

Question, what do you do if the vacuum misses areas of the floorplan that are not obstructed. How do you teach it to go into places that it's skipping?

We have a one story condo and it doesn't have enough charge to do the whole place, but when it gets recharged, returns to dock, and starts up again it seems to return to to the same areas it had visited previously. I have an office and a bedroom that have yet to be visited. How do I get it to go there? Repeat and schedule are off.

See more topics labeled with:

7 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: How does one teach a Samsung R7040 to go places it's missing?

You can try recreating the floor plan. For the guide to do this, please click on the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

The SmartThings app has no such feature. The link you sent refers to SmartHome. I see nothing specific to Floorplans in the current Android app.

Samsung Moderator

I think that may be the problem. Try downloading the Samsung Smart Home app. I recommend this app to connect to your Powerbot.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

When I ran the Samsung Smart Home app on my phone, it said that I must use the Samsung Connect app, which I'd already tried to use, but doesn't have the map feature. Please advise.

Samsung Moderator

The Samsung Connect app may have to be updated. To update the software, open the Samsung Connect app, and then go to More Options > Settings > About Samsung Connect > UPDATE.

Constellation

Darius, if one wants to communicate with the R7040 there is no other option but the Smartthings app. There is no mapping feature on that app. How do I get further support on this, as your information is clearly out of date.

Samsung Moderator

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings experts. They can be reached at 1-866-813-2404