Is it worth it to create a floor plan for robot vacuum?

Constellation

Is it worth it to create a floor plan for robot vacuum?

I just bought the R7040 and it's cleaned a few times. I do not have the Smartthings Hub and am trying to decide if it's worth it to buy it. 

The last time I had it clean, it entered our hallway, but the it only cleaned the door area and didn't get any of the rest of it. I was at from the house, so I don't know if the battery just got too low and it needed to go charge. It then just sat on the dock even after getting back to full battery. I've read that if I want it to resume cleaning, I need to have repeat turned off. Do I also need to schedule the cleaning on the app remote instead of through Smartthings Automations?

If I create a floor plan, I understand that I need to put the dock in the room I want to map. Does that mean that when I want it to clean that room, I have to move the dock to it? I would like to leave the dock in one room, tell it that tonight I want it to clean the living room (different room than where the dock is). Then the next night, I want it to do the kitchen. And so on. 

If I have a floor plan mapped out, can I tell it to clean the living room, then the kitchen, then the hall, and then the room the dock is in? 

See more topics labeled with:

1 REPLY
Constellation

Re: Is it worth it to create a floor plan for robot vacuum?

My 7065 has nothing to do with my smartthings hub.  I also can't create a map because that was available in smart home and that won't work with the 7065.

The fragmentation on their apps/products from one week to the next is mind boggling and annoying :/