Powerbot Noise/rattle

Supernova

Re: Powerbot Noise/rattle

Does this noise occur on all surfaces? 

Asteroid

SamsungMichelle - Yes. It happens on both carpet and hardwoods. It is obviously quieter on carpeting however it is still horrible to listen to.

Constellation

I have the SR1AM7040WG mine just started making a rattle last night very dissapointed. I havent even had this for a year and it sounds like it has loose legos in it. We keep this vacuum very clean. May need to go a different route. Looked for a service manual for this model but came up empty

Samsung Moderator

Just to confirm, if you run it for a second without the rotating brush connected does the sound still happen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

SamsungCole,

I removed the rotating brush and the noise is gone.  Put it back in and the noise is back.

Samsung Moderator

hypnospastic, unfortunately, this will require service. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number if you would like to get set up: Link

Asteroid

Long story short, I applied some silicone lubricant to the square where the rotating bar sits and the round part on the other end and the sound vanished. I ran the device and it remained quiet for about 30 minutes and returned. I am going to replace the bar and see what happens.

Constellation

I am having the same problem with the loud rattling noise and the unit will be 2 years old in August.  Did you replace the brush/bar yet to see if the noise stops?  I would like to get a new brush, as well, if that solved the problem.   Thank-you.

Asteroid

I haven't replaced the bar yet because I think it's still in good condition. What I did do was wrap Teflon tape around the square at the end if the bar and then reinstalled it in the vacuum. The machine is just as quiet as when I bought it. It is a lot more cost effective to do this than replace the brush.  By the way, the brush can be found in Amazon for roughly $30. Samsung quoted me $79.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Thank-you.  I ordered a new brush.  My husband noticed that there was a piece missing on one end - it was  just a metal square.  I appreciate your reply. Smiley Happy