Powerbot Noise/rattle

Astronaut

Re: Powerbot Noise/rattle

I replaced the brush and it fixed it. I was apparently missing a rubber piece on the circle side of the brush (opposite of the square side) I wonder if you can just buy that rubber piece because it cost 30 bucks and the other was still in good condition.

Constellation

Mine is less than a week old and doing the same thing.  No blockage.  Disappointed and returning. 

Constellation

I have the same issue, are there directions somewhere that show the steps to get to and apply the grease?
Constellation

Same I just got the 7070 yesterday!!! And it's this obnoxious rattling noise.

What the heck!!!! 

Constellation

Okay, I spent 2+ hours on this, and finally came to the conclusion. It's not the powerbot, but the rubber brush, when it rubs against the wood it makes this noise. And that's why this noise doesn't happen with the brush off. And you don't hear it as much on carpet. I found out by just litterally putting my face right next to the powerbot. When you rotate the power bot using the remote in a way where it doesn't impede with grooves of the hardwood floor the noise stops suddenly, but when the powerbot is vacuuming in a way, the noise becomes louder. Kinda annoying but if it's this then I won't return the 7070

Astronaut

I am having the same rattling and I have only had it for 5 months.  When I take the beater bar out it stops.

Constellation

Me too, friends. Dopey question-- does the vacuum work all right without the rackety brush bar? Or should I go ahead and replace it? Geez. I bought mine new and I'v e only had it a couple of months. I want to love it.

Samsung Moderator

@userepFjeR1cZe, the Powerbot would need the brush bar to function. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Thanks for the reply! Duh:-) I've decided to go buy a new one on Amazon. if it blows itself out in a few weeks like my current one, I'll be calling Samsung. Happy New Year!

Samsung Moderator

You're welcome. Happy New Year to you as well!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.