Powerbot R7040 mapping report

Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

I'm facing the same problem, in my case it showed me the map when I moved the vacuum manually(using the Remote control ) to clean a certain area but just one time, I never see another map again. I'm waiting for the next one 😪. The hard to think that Samsung developed this app.

Constellation

My case was similar, it runs a lot of times, but only once it showed DONE or Finish I don't remember, that was the only time that it created the map, after that when the battery is low goes to the dock but it looks like it lose the "Resumption" and start from scratch that's why it never creates the map.

Samsung Moderator

You can check the information on creating your floor plan at this link. These are some things to keep in ming when creating a floor plan:

• Creating a new floorplan must start from the charger.
  • Floorplans cannot be altered or deleted.
  • The floorplan can take a long time to create, up to 2-3 hours. If interrupted, for instance due to getting stuck or tangled up in wires, the floorplan creation will need to be restarted from the charger. It is not recommended to start creating the floorplan on a low battery.
  • The floorplan, including how the area is broken up into rooms, is created entirely by the vacuum and is not customizable.
  • The floorplan will consider part of the area as a separate room if there is only one opening to that area and that opening is less than 90 centimeters wide. Boundary markers can be used to narrow the opening to under 90 centimeters.
  • The floorplan's shape may not match the walls (because of extra objects that are in the vacuum's way.) Objects in the vacuum's way will display as walls on the floorplan.
  • The floorplan's shape may not match the walkable space (because of objects the vacuum can go beneath). Objects the vacuum can go under will display as open space on the floorplan.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

@SamsungLou

The issue is that this model is advertised as having a Coverage Map Report and it does not.

I have done a lot of research on these and the Floor Plan Mapping is not the same as the Coverage Map Report.

The floor plan mapping saves the floor plan of the rooms and uses it to navigate every time.

The coverage map shows a map of the cleaned areas once the cleaning cycle is complete. This resets after every cycle and starts from scratch each time.

I could have saved a lot of money had I not wasted it on this false advertisement. If I would have known that the Coverage Map Report was Bull, I would have bought a robo vac from another manufacturer.

Anyone interested in buying a pre-owned Powerbot R7040? I have one for sale. It includes a coverage map report after each cleaning cycle, can clean your stairs, and can fly.

(I was going to put an asterisk saying that these features may not be real but if Samsung can get away without it, I figured I could too.)

Constellation

This info is not usefull, the vacuum box said tha it has a Coverage Map Report and it does not.

It's only works when you select and specific area, but thats not usefull, it must work always!!!... I have scheduled to clean each day when i left my home... and i dont have any idea , what it does when im not in home
Astronaut

Powerbot R7065 mapping not working

I can't access the mapping function for my R7065 using the Samsung Smart Things app (formerly the Samsung Connect app). And the R7065 is not compatible with the Smart Home app (I downloaded the Smart Home app and tried connecting the vacuum, and it told me I needed to use the Smart Things app). I'm willing to bet the vacuum itself supports the mapping function, but Samsung didn't actually add that capability to the Smart Things app. I'd really like to be able to tell the vacuum to focus on a particular room without having to pick it up and move it. And I just like the idea of being able to see where the vacuum has cleaned and where I need to give it some help. Any chance Samsung will add mapping support for the R7000s in the Smart Things app?

Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7065 mapping not working

I have a 7065, actually on the second since I returned the first one for failing to return to the dock after about 30 seconds of seeking repeatedly.

I have used it daily for the last 2 weeks and only have 6 maps.  The last one was on the 26th.  You would find it under the "History" menu for Smart-things.

I found this thread while trying to figure out why mapping is so hit and miss.  I am trying to understand if I want to keep this or not because if it doesnt actually clean the whole floor then why the heck would I spend this much money to then have to do it myself anyway?!?

Astronaut

I am also disapointed in my power bot 7040, It was advertised that It can be programed to map out a room, and store the results so I could have it set up to automatically claen a particular room. But none of that works. I have probably had it too long to return it, But I'm going to try. 

Cosmic Ray

Good luck. I couldn't return mine and Samsung obviously doesn't care. I bought a Botvac with mapping and I'm happy with it.

I am so disappointed with Samsung's customer service. I ended up locking this Powerbot in my unfinished basement to spend the rest of its life in the dark cleaning the concrete floor that I don't really care about having cleaned.

It sounds pretty deranged now that I'm speaking it out loud but all-in-all it's Samsung's fault and they could care less.

Constellation

@SamsungLou The information you provided is refering to the old application which is not compatible with the current SmartThings app from samsung. Is there any team which can be contacted to provide real information on the mapping feature?

Currenty my 7040 randomly cleans areas sometime 2-3 times while leaving other areas untouched.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!