Powerbot R7040 mapping report

Cosmic Ray

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

From what I have gathered, the mapping feature is not compatible with the newer SmartThings app (Samsung Connect).

The mapping feature is compatible with the old SmartThings app BUT the R7040 is NOT compatible with the old app.

The issue is that the retail box clearly shows in the upper right corner (see my first post picture) that the Powerbot should be connected using the new Samsung app (Samsung Connect). It also clearly shows that it includes a mapping feature (the retail box shows a screenshot of a phone with the app open and a map of the area)

TLDR:

Samsung falsely claims on the retail box that the R7040 has a mapping feature.

It does not and never will.

Samsung's response was that the mapping was a feature and features are subject to change.

LMFAO

Constellation

Apparently the web page still claims it has mapping feature: https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/vacuums/powerbot-robot/powerbot--r7040-robot-vacuum-vr1am...

I beleive it still have it as i once got the coverage map. I think they just scr@wed up the application and the support here is incompetent.

Astronaut

For everyone affected, I am in the process of opening a class action lawsuit with a firm in California. I'll be reporting back here with information shortly for anyone who would like to provide supporting information to aid the case. This should be a pretty clear cut case.

Cosmic Ray

@usercFgS9hyHKr wrote:

For everyone affected, I am in the process of opening a class action lawsuit with a firm in California. I'll be reporting back here with information shortly for anyone who would like to provide supporting information to aid the case. This should be a pretty clear cut case.

Thank you for taking the lead on this. Let me know how I can help.

Astronaut

Re: Powerbot R7065 mapping not working

Hi I have a powerbot 7065 too. How did you view you mapping? I opened history on the app for my ipad but there is nothing there? I can't find any answers anywhere. Thanks

Astronaut

Re: Powerbot R7070 mapping report

We also can not get the map to work. It runs but no map in the "history" section like we've see. Sending back.

Asteroid

Hi

juat reading this now. Have the same problem. Did you find a solution? I’m getting mad at samsung for this worthless feature that waa advertised aa great

Asteroid

Hi

juat reading this now. Have the same problem. Did you find a solution? I’m getting mad at samsung for this worthless feature that waa advertised aa great

Asteroid

Hi
How do I select a specific region (e.g. room) for the machine to clean?
Daniel
Constellation

Same problem here.  I specifically chose this vac because of that function and figured the higher cost was worth that.  But now, no mapping.  (Also, with the second use, mine has developed a loud, high-pitched noise.)  Keep us posted.  This is false advertising!  "Visionary Mapping Plus" (as stated on the box) is not so visionary if it doesn't exist.