Powerbot floor plan

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Powerbot floor plan

I have had similar problems, but, due to being asked to, among other things, send the unit (9350) back for service we are now are past our return date.  Of course, nothing was found because it is the ridiculous software that is the problem. I cannot figure out why I need to connect to a remote server in order to control the vac, but that connection fails routinely. I originally set it up on my Iphone6 but it stopped working after a couple of runs. I spent hours with ‘phone support and they could not get it sorted. I set up an old ‘phone with an old version of the app (same network) and that worked for a couple of weeks but today could not connect to the unnecessary server. Giant pita

there are also software issues with the vac itself. Its latest thing is that it pushes against a flexible wire barrier in our stairs  and thinks it has string caught in the wheel. This has happened repeatedly in addition to driving under the wire and getting caught. It can’t see the wire (or seemingly a number of other obstacles) and just keeps pushing against them until it gets caught or just gives up even though it could simply back up. Really poor algorithm. 

All this is too bad because the thing is a really evvective vacuum in terms of power and sweeping ability

Constellation

Well, I just received mine and had no problem setting it up and creating a floorplan. But due to the layout of my home, it put about 60% of my home into one room (I have a large greatroom that opens into the kitchen area and a hallway).

Not getting much info from the manual, I called tech support and wasted about 30 minutes. I wanted to delete the created floorplan and find out how to subdivide my large area. They told me you cannot delete floorplans and you are at the mercy of the Vac to create floorplans.

Here's what I did to resolve the creation of the floorplans I desired. I took some scrap lumber and created "barriers" in the large connecting rooms. After creating the first floorplan, I created a "path" with the lumber from the charging station to the next area to map. I did this for each floorplan I desired.

Now I've got six good floorplans and two floorplans I'd like to delete (My wife is not very tech savy so simpler is better).

Here's what I've found out so far about floorplans. I installed the Smart Home app on two tablets and a smart phone. Created floorplans from one device do show up on other devices. They must be stored in the vacuum. 

Samsung, if you're listening, please update the app to include a floorplan delete.

Constellation

One thing I noticed that might help with your connection problem:

Most modern WiFi gateways are dual band (2mhz and 5mhz I believe). The Samsung (and most other robotic vacuums) only work on the 2mhz band. 

I had some lost connection issues until I forced my smart phone or tablet to only operate on the 2 mhz band when I wanted to vacuum. 

Constellation

New info, my plan didn't work. The vacuum relies on the barriers (2x4's) which are no longer there to find the desired room. It was a total failure. Losing respect for this thing.

Constellation

Oh wow! I’m just trying to set up my floor planSSSSS. Your comments are encouraging ! I’m going to my garage tomorrow and “Set Up” my own floor plans with lumber. Do you have flat or cathedral ceilings? I have cathedral ceilings and am concerned about “Sandi” (my Samsung Sand Sucker) getting confused by them. Could you explain further what you meant by creatung the “path”? 

Frustrated but now Encouraged,

POWERbot Newbie

PS..... Dear Samsung: PLEASE be taking notes and writing modification specs, completing development and thorough testing Including floor plan delete!

PSS.... Documentation is incomplete, erroneous and sub-par and sheds a Horrible light on a really good product

PSSS.... Customer service ranks right up there with your documentation 

Constellation

I run into the same problem, Samsung should give a big credit or gift card or something for compensate for they failures? ... should be a law that protect the consumers when the big companies advertise a product and deliver to customers with out funtion correctly and in this case in a big price! I have to put a lot of personal things on the side on order to buy this, and the select and go funtion was one of the reasons I pointed the desition  to this model, and now is not working?, samsung said to me“sorry this funtion was for a earlier models, the new models have better sensors though!”... that statement doesn’t solve my problem Samsung! Your profitable company is done based on take peoples money this way???? For me your name brings bad taste to my mouth!

Constellation

We just purchased a R9350 and I must say in manual mode it is awesome. I have not tried to map out our house yet and was doing research on the best way to accomplish this but it seams hit or miss from what I'm reading.

My question (s)

1) Our house is a 5000 sq ft single story, it is stretched out and goes in every direction. Will the R9350 recognize multiple bases? If so I want to put one at each end of the house.

2) The hallway in our house is 60 ft long 8 ft wide with vaulted ceilings with beams, will it map this.

Thanks,

Lee

Supernova

Can I get the full model code of the unit to better assist? 

Constellation

Sure...

Model SR2AK9350WK

VR2AK9350WK/AA

Thank you.

Lee

Supernova

Thank you for that information. The unit will not recognize more than one docking station, you also want to make sure you keep the docking in the same place you have it located on your floor plan at all times. If you would like to move the docking station make sure you change your floor plans. As for the hallway, as long as you have it mapped in the floor plan the unit should cover the area.