Powerbot floor plan

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Powerbot floor plan

Our house is large as well.  Just received my 9350 and it is charging.  I could place it in the middle of our home, but would it cover all the area (less than 5,000 sf).  We have a door that can separate the main house and the big addition.  Should I create a floor plan on our main house and shut that door?  And them move the dock to addition to map that area with the door still shut?  Want to do it right the first time...If it will map all of it at once, I can do that.  Let me know.

D.M.

Samsung Moderator

It will map what it can and if the battery gets low, it'll recharge and continue.  I would suggest leaving that door open to the addition.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Hello. Do you still need help with this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I successfully created the floorplan. When i pick a room to vacuum, the bot finds his way successfully. However, if he gets stuck in the middle of the cleaning,  then there is no resume option. When i start him again,  he goes into auto cleaning mode. In such cases he won't find his way back to the charger either. Not having a resume option and not being able to find the dock if every he got stuck and had to be started again is very annoying

Astronaut

As of 1-5-2019, there is still no update to the software to delete floor plans.  After 3 years of frustrated customers, Samsung just doesn't care enough about us to

actually fix the issue.  I love the vacuum, I don't love the disregard for there

customers in regards to this

ongoing issue.

Astronaut

I purchased the highest end model Powerbot.  I also have two Roombas. Roomba definitely has it when it comes to mapping.  My new Roomba will even empty the bin automatically. I have tried to map with the Powerbot so many times and have never been successful.  The vacuum capability is excellent, but software is atrocious.  Extremely frustrating.  Buy the Roomba instead...