SAMSUNG POWERBOT R9350---Wont work on carpeting

Constellation

SAMSUNG POWERBOT R9350---Wont work on carpeting

I purchased a 9350 robot in May 2018. It HAS worked great until 2 days ago, know on my carpet it goes and stops while turning until it just stops, that is it. I have tried EVERYTHING. I then moved it onto my tile floor and it works fine. Any ideas as to what may have caused this? Is there a way to do a full reset? 

7 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: SAMSUNG POWERBOT R9350---Wont work on carpeting

Oh no! Have you made sure that there are no clogs or obstructions in the vacuum? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

That's one of the problems I'm having with mine. Justs keeps running around in circles like a confused drunk on carpet sometimes. I got a ticket number from Samsung about 2 weeks ago, but still waiting for them to contact me to get it checked out. Just came out of wrranty service about a months ago and that was one of the issues it was having when I sent it in the first time. You would think a unit the the Samsung price range would do better than that, especially since it's supposed to be mapping your home from the ceiling. After two or 3 runs it should know your house better than you. 

Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with that ticket number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can. 

Constellation

Numbers two and three of four had a similar problem.  The right drive wheel on the these two had a suspension problem.  If you turn the Powerbot over and the drive wheel doesn’t stay out, there is a problem.  If the suspension is ok and you press the wheel down it should come back up, if not it will stay down. With this problem they didn’t maneuver well and sometimes couldn’t find the charger.  It is still the best robot vac I’ve tried.  The others continually needed to be moved from under furniture.  They also didn’t clean as well.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

The wheel construction is terrible. Just for fun since I’m injured and recovering I bought several new and used 9350’s to solve or “tell” Samsung how to save their good name. It’s almost a good vac with a few MAJOR ISSUES. 1. The wheel construction is made of very cheap plastic. The spring that gives the wheels there “Shock like effect” are held by plastic arms???? That will eventually break and they want you to buy their brand new wheel units for a whopping $115.00!!!! Yep and had the spent a few cents more for the spring holders it would last forever! 

Number 2. And the BIGGEST ISSUE! the darn 3 IR Cliff Sensors! Their are a pain and don’t work! Their too sensitive and your wonderful support told me to put tape over them if I didn’t need them. Do you think if I bought the nicest car (in comparison to what Samsung is to the vac world they would tell me just to put tape on it????? That’s awesome Samsung!!!!! AAAAA+ Tech Support! 

So so I will be recording several YouTube videos for the seemingly 10’s of thousands of powerbot folks I’ve seen up in arms over this when your engineers could add code in your so called phone app to toggle the cliff sensors “OFF” no but you tell me tape! So I won’t be using lEd’s that the best hardware to put on the nice powerbot nor will I be soldering the wires because the majority of you won’t want to even tackle that. What my goal is to make it look like the sensors don’t even exist!!!!

more to come!

feel

free to email me <HIDDEN>

i know an insane insane amount now about these bots and even the error codes and what causes them and how to fix. If you’d be willing to pay for shipping and return shipping I’d be willing to fix for a reasonable price trying not to get you to spends the hundreds and hundreds that Samsung wants to charge you because this is how they are getting all of us!

Asteroid

I dont see any replys but did you ever get to work on your carpet, also what color is your carpet?  Mine wont work on my dark carpet but does wonderful on the lighter colors such as grey, just not the black. Thanks