Samsung does not stand behind their products... buyer beware!

Constellation

Samsung does not stand behind their products... buyer beware!

I purchsed a Samsung Powerbot Vac, VR2AK9350WK/AA , a little over 2 years ago.  Price tag on this Vac was almost 1100 dollars and was purchased in December for my wifes birthday in April directly from Samsung.  Since purchase, this vac has died, no lights on, no one home, 4 times and sent back to the "repair" facility and returned back to me.  When it was sent back each time it was now running but would simply RAM into anything in its way about 60% of the time, damaging almost every piece of funiture in my home.  Concerned over the units operation and the fact it has been back multiple times, i requested today that they simply send me a new unit as obvioulsy this one has, and has issues since day one and i assume this was not the intended quality Samsung is after with its highend products.  When calling today, i first was told its out of warrentee and they only showed one ticket in the system which was a month ago for the last time it died.  After sending them 2 additional service tickets that they claim "were not displayed in their system due to the say they ahve to look up tickets" they stated that they could no do anything outside of sending it back for a 4th time to the service center as its "OUT of Warrentee"?  You have to ask yourself, if you send something back 3 times while under warrentee at what point does the person on the other end of the phone say " Yea, this guy has done everything possible and he simply has a lemon"  Nope, not that guy, he told me that the policy of samsung was to honor the Warenttee for 1 year and then, irrespecitve of the fact that it was documented to have died multiple times under warentte with the last one only running for 3 weeks after its return.

Although i have a house full of samsung products, at this point i have to say they dont stand behind their products and as a result, i will have to look elsewhere for products.  The tactic of delay, delay, delay, sorry you are out of warrenttee is a hard 1100 dollar pill to swallow.

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung does not stand behind their products... buyer beware!

Oh no! Could you send us private messages with any reference numbers that we can look into?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have sent a private message with all the details and all the support tickets for the 1100 Vac that has been sent back 4 times in 1.5 years due to complete failure.
Constellation

similiar issue, had an issue with my vac, went back and forth with offshore tech support trying to schedule a repair, when finally i got a US based support tech they got me the info for the return.  Got the vacuum back 2-3 weeks later to find that the original problem was fix...but a brand new problem was there.  

Surely no one tested the unit to make sure it worked otherwise they wouldnt' send it back...when I called to inform samsung, they informed me my warranty was not expired and I would have to pay for a repair....These vacuums are very expensive to only have one year warranty and then Samsung to use a third party repair service that sends the vacuums back broken....very disappointed

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

@userPS2Yd8Mf4J: We apologize for the frustrations.  Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Please get back to us as soon as you can.