Samsung powerbot Darth Vader/ R7040 jerks in motion occasionally

Constellation

Samsung powerbot Darth Vader/ R7040 jerks in motion occasionally

[ Edited ]

I noticed the other day my Power Bot started to drive in jerking motions. The right wheel appeared to be surging as if it were stuck. I turned the device off and rotated both wheels by hand. They both rotated with the same amount of resistance and fairly easily. I then cleaned all of the sensors, cycled the power switch and it seemed to work fine for a while. It is now doing it again when it runs automatically or when I move it somewhere using the remote control to drive it. It doesn't do it all of the time. It's very random when it starts to do this motion. It will seem to be working fine but then all of a sudden start to jerk a few times mostly while going straight. Yesterday it was making its way back to the charging station and when it was about 5 feet away, it jerked a few times which caused it to then navigate around in a circle to line itself back up with the docking station. My PowerBot is about 6 months old and not used on a schedule. I operate it roughly 1-2 times per week. Any advice? 

1 REPLY
Constellation

Re: Samsung powerbot Darth Vader/ R7040 jerks in motion occasionally

I guess I'm going to open a warranty claim. I ran it again last night and at some point during its run it indicated a object caught in brush fault (C01). There was nothing in the brush. I restarted the vacuum and it then proceeded to spin in a counterclockwise direction. The right wheel was surging the whole time while the left wheel failed to go at all.