Samsung r7040 vacuum mapping

Constellation

Samsung r7040 vacuum mapping

My Powerbot R7040 is constantly getting lost when heading back to recharge. I have a 2000 sq feet area to clean, 4 bedrooms. I want to hard reset the unit to see if that will fix the issue. The manual does not tell me how. Any idea on how to do a hard reset of the unit?

I do see a map in the history in the Samsung App, so I dont understand how the unit keeps getting lost trying to find the dock.

If i tell the vacuum to recharge before the unit heads back by itself it will find the home base fine usually, but when I allow to do it by itself, it keeps dying in the master bedroom.

See more topics labeled with:

10 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung r7040 vacuum mapping

Have you tried rebooting it using the button underneath?

Constellation

I am having the exact same issue. I've called customer service and got no where. I hope there's a fix for this. Customer tells u to do the obvious. Make sure it's plugged in, make sure it's on an even surface. Blah blah... I'm just going to return mine

Constellation

There is no button just an on off switch. Where else could it be? Thx
Samsung Moderator
Constellation

I tried it. It would still get lost in the master bedroom.

Constellation

The steps shown in how to create floor plan does not show up in the Smart Things app that I have to use. The Smart Home app (which I believe the instructions you are showing are from) tells me the vacuum cannot be use with it and I have to Smart Things. Very frustrating to use since I think the vacuum will get lost every single time.
Are there updated instructions on how to actually use the vacuum on the Smart Things App?
Constellation

Turn the unit off for 5 secs via the on off switch. The should reboot it.
However, if you read the FAQ link provided by Samsung Cat below, it states the map is not stored in the memory. It is erased after cycle.
My vacuum gets lost after going into the master bedroom which down a short hallway. Battery dies while looking for the dock. And it's not even close. It keeps going in circles and bumping into walls.
Definitely gonna upgrade to the Xiaomi vacuum next. That beast uses radar AND it stores a map of your house.
Constellation

Rebooting could be the solution. I have tried. This helps me as well. 

Constellation

I hope this info helps anyone. We recently purchased the R7040 unit (refurbished) on amazon and LOVE IT! but ours couldnt make it to the far end of our house (1900 sq ft). I searched all the corners of the internet and was unable to find a solution. Its not feasible to put the dock in the middle of the house for us. Then my husband had a stroke of genius. He said lets get another dock for the other end of the house and then it will go from one to the other. So I searched and searched to see if this was possible, or had been attempted. No such luck. Slightly discouraged i hesitantly ordered a second dock. OMG! Our Powerbot goes from one end of the house to the other cleaning, charges at the new dock, then heads back to the other while cleaning!!!!! Someone at Samsung needs to get this info out to the masses. It saved us so much fustration. If you have a larger home, be kind and grab another dock for your Powerbots long travels.

Hope someone finds this info helpful!