Installation template for the HW-K450 soundbar.

Constellation

Installation template for the HW-K450 soundbar.

I tried calling Samsung to get the template that was supposed to be included with the unit. Per the instructions (page 13 of the owner's manual) with the unit, it was supposed to be included.  No help from Samsung (very unhelpful, Samsung REALLY needs to step up its customer service level). I bought, and returned, several units from Costco hoping to find one that had the template. No luck. Any ideas to whom I should try to contact at Samsung to get the template?

8 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Installation template for the HW-K450 soundbar.

Very sorry for my confusion, do you mean the Wall Mount Guide? This is the only thing I see referenced on page 13. Want to make sure I get you the right information. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes, the wall mount guide. The piece of paper that you put on the wall to mark where you drill the holes.

Samsung Moderator

Thanks for confirming, let's see about getting that sent out to you. Mind sending me a private message with the serial number for the unit, your street address, name, and contact number? You can message me here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/12

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

WALL MOUNT GUIDE
Samsung Moderator

The guide is not stocked by our parts department and cannot be sent.  You can make a template on paper from the back of the soundbar to assist in mounting it. 

Constellation

Wow. Samsung really sucks.

Astronaut

I bought the hw-k450 at Best Buy because I did not like the hw-k360. I was told I could hook up a HDMI cable to it. My tv has 4 HDMI input jacks and the soundbar has a HDMI input jack and a HDMI out (tv-arc) jack but I have had Best Buy reps to say I can and one says I can't. I wish someone would tell me how to hook up and I cable to this soundbar.

Astronaut

You can download the owners manual but it only shows and tells you how to mount the soundbar. Mine did not come with a template either. I am not going to mount mine. I have it laying in the front of the tv but I would like to know how to hook a HDMI cable from my number 3 HDMI input jack to the soundbar so I can hear the sound when I play a DVD. Best Buy tells me one thing and one tells me another.