cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlKBzpdIiy9
Asteroid

4G not working on new Galaxy J3 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought this phone -Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime J327A 16GB 4G LTE 7.0 Nougat 5" GSM Unlocked - Black -   

I so far love everything about it except that it does not automatically switch to 4G when it is not connected to wi-fi. With my other Samsung phone I had to walk through a series of steps in the setting ; tapping "mobile networks" and choosing "wdma/gsm" yada, yada. Forgive me if I am not giving the steps exactly right as when I did it before I followed the steps off the internet and bing, bang, boom my 4G was working.

Unfortunately with THIS phone when I go to "mobile networks" there seems to basically just be a checked commands for  "Enhanced LTE Services" "Mobile Data" "Access Point Names" "Network Opperators" "International Data Roaming" and Diable 2G" .  None of these options seem to do anything to turn on the 4G!

I am hoping someone on here has an idea because I cannot find anything on line either. The onlything I am so far finding online is to go to "mobile networks" and look for the "wdma/gsm" which THIS phone doesn't seem to have that option OR I am not finding it as it is too well hidden.

I will appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userlKBzpdIiy9
Asteroid

Re: 4G not working on new Galaxy J3 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Smiley Happy I went to the tracfone website and you were right!! They have a page with key words that you can text to them (to 611611 incase anyone else needs help) I texted LTE and they sent me a series of texts one of which gave me the option to have them check for updates. They sent me a couple of updates and in a minute of two the problem was solved!! I switched off my wi-fi to see if it would work and the 4G symbol popped right up!

Thanks a ton, I really, really appreciate it. I wouldn't have thought to even look at tracfone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend speaking with your carrier regarding this.

userlKBzpdIiy9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, well, it was an unlocked phone and I just used my tracfone sim from my old phone. The 4G worked fine on my old phone, which is why I thought maybe it was the phone itself and someone might know something I didn't.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's likely a hold up between the SIM card and the carrier. 

userlKBzpdIiy9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Smiley Happy I went to the tracfone website and you were right!! They have a page with key words that you can text to them (to 611611 incase anyone else needs help) I texted LTE and they sent me a series of texts one of which gave me the option to have them check for updates. They sent me a couple of updates and in a minute of two the problem was solved!! I switched off my wi-fi to see if it would work and the 4G symbol popped right up!

Thanks a ton, I really, really appreciate it. I wouldn't have thought to even look at tracfone.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! I'm glad to hear it. You are very welcome.