cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

A problem with my storage

I'm using a Samsung J5 6 and I've had it for around 4 years and it's not running on any other problems except this one tiny issue which is bothering me a bit.

So recently, just now I can't seem to do anything related to my storage. I can't download stuff, delete anything in my gallery and I can't even see stuff in my files (such as audio and videos ect) I've searched through the internet and loads of videos and can't seem to find any sort of solutions to my problem. I've found a few discussions here and thought I would give this place a try and see if anyone has had the problem or perhaps knows how to fix things.
Any support would be great! Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: A problem with my storage

by 'download stuff' do you mean apps? and you also cannot delete images from your gallery? is the option to delete gone?
Highlighted
Astronaut

When I mean download stuff I can't download pictures or videos. I tried downloading a funny meme to share with my friends but when I do it just opens a whole list of downloads pending and when I try to delete something it just crashes my gallery.
Everything is there it just seems to refuse going into my storage.

Highlighted

as much as I would love to help I am clueless to how to fix this issue 😔 sorry mate.
Highlighted
Astronaut

It's ok, at least you tried. I'm gonna try messning around with a few other stuff to see if anything changes.
It may mean I have to wait for a while until my phone decides to load up my files.

Highlighted
Sun

Have you tried connecting to computer to transfer files off phone to free up storage?
Highlighted
Constellation

What app are you using to download stuff? For instance if you are using Chrome go in the app settings and clear the cache (not the stored data). See if that helps.