cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

A10 won't receive text messages

Hello all, 

Today I tried to make a credit card purchase, which entails my bank texting me a code. However, after several minutes I didn't receive a code, so I restarted my phone. For some reason, after restart I couldn't connect to any networks on either of my SIM cards for several minutes. After trying a bunch of things that didn't work, I'd just about given up with both networks suddenly showed up and it appeared to be working. But then I tried to make the purchase again, and again, no text. I tried sending a text from another phone, and got nothing. I turned airplane mode on and off again on the off chance that it would do anything, and once again, I couldn't connect to either network immediately after turning airplane mode off. Again, the network issue righted itself after about five minutes, but I still cannot get texts. I don't know if it's my phone or my SIM card (the operator is MEO). I know I don't have balance on the SIM, but it usually receives texts regardless of whether there's balance. Annoyingly, I can't test this by adding money to the card because I'd have to use my credit card, which requires me to input a code sent via text...so the Catch-22 cycle continues. Anyone have advice? I'm strugging because I'm in Belgium, my SIM card is from Portugal, my bank is in Portugal, and I have no balance on my phone to make calls, so I can't call customer service. Plus, both countries are in coronavirus lockdown. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Sorry if this is confusing. I'm very frustrated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: A10 won't receive text messages

hey im sorry to to hear, apologies i cant help with that although if you are able to PM a @samsungmoderator they could look into it further, possibly without a phone call. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for your reply, I actually got it to work last night. I had a friend put a few euro on my SIM card. This didn't immediately work, but then I went to network settings and manually connected to a network. I then received about two dozen text messages from the past two days! Before that, I was able to do an online chat with Samsung personnel who (correctly) advised me that it was probably a network issue, but walked me through how I would do a soft reset just in case. In normal times, this wouldn't have been a huge problem, it's just difficult because the country I'm in is in lockdown and I can't simply go to a cell phone shop and get assistance like I normally would. Thanks for your support

Highlighted
Product Expert

omg im glad you got it to work! ahh man solutions like that are amazing feeling! i am sorry you had to go through that but hey it wokred in your favor!