My phone (Galaxy A10e) updated to Android 10 around 3-4 days ago. I started noticing an issue. I'm someone who takes lots of screenshots, and I would always click on the Edit button in the screenshot notification (the notification shows "Share," "Edit," and "Delete"; the Delete and Share buttons work perfectly fine), but now when I click on the Edit option, it gives me a pop-up that's telling me to download the photo editor app, and when I click Download, it takes me to the page shown in the image I attached. I don't see why it says that the content isn't supported on my device, because I can use the actual photo editor when I go to it right from the gallery, so I'm rather confused.
Is this a third-party editor you are using when receiving this error message?
Try wiping the cache partition on the device to see if that helps any.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Have you been able to test your device while in safe mode to see if you are able to edit the screenshot from the notification that comes up? You can put your device in safe mode by following these steps.
Hold the power button until power, restart, and emergency mode appear
Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode and select it.
Once in safe mode take a screenshot and test to see if you are able to select edit.
You can also edit your screenshots from the Samsung Gallery app on your phone. Once you take a screenshot, open your gallery and select it. You will see a symbol that looks like a pencil. Tap on this and you will be able to edit the photo within the Gallery app.
I would also check and make sure the gallery app has been updated.
If a 3rd party app is being used to edit the screenshot, I would recommend reaching out to the developers of the app for further assistance on compatibility with your device.
Let me know if this helped!