cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

A10e message notifications

After the latest update (December security patch) I have had an issue with recieving notifications of SMS and MMS messages. Sometimes I get the notifications with no problem like I'm supposed to and other times the only way is to open the messaging app to check and see. I don't get any badges on the app icon and nothing shows up in my taskbar or on the lock screen. Everything worked fine up until the last update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, reset to factory, and went through ALL of the settings. I have all the permissions set.I do not use "Do Not Disturb" ever. The messages app is the only one I'm having this issue with. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn't matter if I'm using an app, have nothing else open or running, if it's in my pocket at work, or what time of day it is. Sometimes it's just fine and others I have to keep checking it especially if I'm waiting for a reply. Any one else have this problem?

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A10e message notifications

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you confirmed you have your notification badges for text messages enabled in your settings?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes. I have made sure notifications are enabled with badges, sound and pop ups, and in app notifications. Like I said sometimes it works just fine and other times it doesn't. It doesn't matter what time of day or night or if I'm doing anything else on the phone or not. The only app I'm having trouble with is the messages app.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried testing your device in safe mode to see if you still experience the same symptoms?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Still the same problem. Tried it 3 times to make sure. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming. This is a difficult predicament. Have you tried factory resetting since the last update? The troubleshooting confirms it is software related. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes. I did a factory reset before I posted here. I tried to take care of the problem before I made the post. I tried everything and checked all of the settings. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is the software version and baseband version of your phone? Please also provide the Messages app version. I would like to research this further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Screenshot_20200103-221057_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200103-221130_Messages.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number