cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: A10e message notifications

I thought it was something I did but nothing solved it. Now that I'm in quarantine for the last 3+ weeks I finally did a factory reset also since I have loads of free time but that did nothing. Any idea when we'll get the March update now that it's April 10th?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Also having this problem. Any chance they've admitted the update killed our notifications and have a fix? Or are we still blaming carriers? And before a rep asks, I've done everything suggested here and then some. Your update has a flaw, when is the fix/patch coming?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same issue and a new update applied Monday did not help.  Missing texts and it's frustrating

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem, but for ALL of my apps. I've double checked all of my notification settings and they're all turned on. I never use Do Not Disturb, like you. So idk what the problem is.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem in both mine and my wife's A10e. Has anybody found a solution or is Samsung just going about their business like this isn't a problem? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having this problem with my Messages App as well. I have done all of the fixes I have found here, or on other sites. Everything is correct on my phone, and this problem is newer; within the last few months.

Even better, it only happens to certain texts. My niece's text NEVER show a notification, other people who text me sometimes do get notification pop-ups.

Again, it is not a setting that I chose. It is a problem with the App or base phone OS. And all of my searching comes up with nothing but this thread; Samsung appears to have said nothing about it.

Could really use a solution, so that my niece isn't waiting so long for me to pick her up that she has to call and wonder where I am. She SHOULD be able to just text me, and my phone do it's *swear word this forum won't let me us* job and notify me I have a text.

Highlighted
Astronaut

The same thing happens to me with snapchat, Instagram, and any other site that has direct messaging. I only get notifications if I've been on the app in the past few minutes