I'm experiencing the very same problem I read through this thread and tried all the troubleshooting suggestions mentioned. Could someone please let me know how to proceed? Thank you.
Same EXACT issue! I've missed many important text replies bc of this and have also checked and double-checked all settings. It is very frustrating. Any resolutions??
Have you tried the troubleshooting suggested by @SamsungAdam?
Have you tried force stopping, and clearing the cache for the messages app? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?
Give these steps a try:
1. Restart your Samsung Galaxy A10.
2. When the Samsung logo appears on the screen, press and holds the volume up and power buttons simultaneously.
It will take you to the recovery mode.
3. In the recovery menu, find the “Wipe Cache Partition” and you can use the volume down and up key for navigation.
4. Use volume keys to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” and use the Power button to select it.
5. When Recovery mode pop up again, navigate to “Reboot System now” and press the power button to select it.
The smartphone will reboot and it will take some time until its restart.
Same issue.. has there been a solution yet?? I might need to return my phone is there is not a fix soon... I can't just keep opening messages every 10 minutes to see if someone is trying to reach me