Original topic:

A10e notes issue

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 03:19 PM)
Capt4115
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The latest A10e upgrade caused my Samsung notes to no longer open. Force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled, deleted cache, etc. hasn't fixed the issue. Are all my notes gone, never to be retrieved again?
0 Likes
3 Replies
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

have you tried to uninstall samsung notes and reinstall it from the galaxy store?

your notes should still be there once you log into your samsung account again

submit an error report if you can't figure out how to open samsung notes

Samsung Members app > + Button > Error report

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am sorry to hear of your recent inability to open Samsung Notes, and can see how this affects daily tasks even. In addition to the cache and data on the apps, uninstalling to reinstall, and rebooting the device, have you tried seeing if the issue persists in Safe Mode? It will help determine if the culprit is a third-party application. The guide for Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Also, you can try wiping your device's cache partition, which can help improve device behavior and stability. The steps are:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Capt4115
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did that. No help. It is grayed out in safe mode so guess it is a 3rd party app but it's called Samsung notes!!! A bit misleading, no? When I used the report error, the email is returned as an outgoing email only. Sigh.... thx for trying to help.
0 Likes