cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

A10e power port melted

I had bought this phone on 5/1/20 for my elderly father who lives alone. He brought it to my home and told me that it had had a screen telling him that it was too hot to use. The power port was melted. He hadn't been asleep, thankfully. I can only imagine what could have happened.

I called the Samsung line and was told to take it to a store. I was told by the store for 3 days in a row that the parts should come next day. On the third day, I was told to call Samsung and ask for Product Liabiliy. I did. They gave me a disconected number.

I called back and was told that I'd need to go back to the store, pick up the phone and send it in and MAYBE they would fix it and get it back to me. I was told that Samsung would send me a lable and a fireproof box.

I haven't seen the lable. I saw a report that was generated for  "Hardware Issue/Temperature Issues/Phone is warm while charging."  This is an understatement...to say the least.

I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do at this point. Is there a fireproof box coming?  Will Samsung send me a "fixed" phone back??  I don't want to risk another of the same phone in a room with my elderly father....  

I'd like a new phone. Ideally a different model. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: A10e power port melted

Hi there, I'd like to look into this further for you. Could you send me a private message with your most recent ticket number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

A10e melted power port, Samsung very unclear on what to do

My power port on a a10e melted. Samsung, said they'd send a "fireproof box" to me but I got a message this morning telling me to ship my product.

I had someone on this forum send me a tracking number and tell me that they saw the packaging that is being sent to me. When I look at the tracking number, it just shows "label created" from a number of days ago.

Confused. Are they sending me a box? or do they want me to send it in with the label (which I can't find, btw).

This phone was at a certified repair shop. I don't understand why Samsung is asking me to jump through all these hoops. I believe they should instigate a policy where they allow the repair shop to determine the extent of damage and just ship the customer a new phone, if that's what's warrented. 

Really, really disapointed.