JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A11 Unable to Move Apps to External Storage

(Topic created: 07-04-2021 02:56 PM)
userM62hfTXZmk
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello! Had a question for anyone on here. I have a Samsung A11 and have turned on developer mode in order to allow me to enable external storage for apps. Despite enabling this function, I can find no option to allow me to move a single app over to my SD card. Am I missing something or is there  legit a developer option that has no connection to the capabilities of the phone itself? I hope I didn't waste my money on an SD card! If anyone has a solution I'm missing that would be very helpful. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

App developers decide whether or not their applications can be used externally from the device. When the application can indeed be used externally, you will see an option in the app manager to Move to SD. However; Samsung does not use adaptable/adoptable storage features so often times, you are unable to use apps from an external source. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bro113
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good morning I was thinking of getting this done today
0 Likes
MuscleDroid
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good evening! No experience with the A11 and I don't know where all you've checked, but on my phone (A51) hold the app icon until a pop-up appears. Hit app info, then storage. This is where the option to move the app to the SD card will appear if it's available. Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

App developers decide whether or not their applications can be used externally from the device. When the application can indeed be used externally, you will see an option in the app manager to Move to SD. However; Samsung does not use adaptable/adoptable storage features so often times, you are unable to use apps from an external source. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes