Original topic:

A13 5G Screen Recorder App Missing

(Topic created: 11-04-2022 02:58 AM)
userD7uTSQfLkM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a new A13 5G and am wanting to use the Screen Recording feature that, supposedly, is available. I've tried going into the quick panel to add the icon, but it doesn't exist. I've also looked under all the apps and it doesn't exist there, either. Every search I make on the web concerning it says the feature and icon should be there. My next step was to look under development options and see if there is something there to turn on the feature and make it available. I thought I'd ask around here first before going that route as I don't like playing around in the Developer Options unless I know absolutely for sure what I'm about to change.

Any idea as to why the feature is not showing on my device. I'm running Android 12 so that's not the issue and this phone is new (less than 3 months old).

Suggestions?

0 Likes
7 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I do remember some android devices not supporting screen recording. But I do see online they do say you can for your specific model. Weird that you can't find it and "why did" they disable it? if it was already a feature.

I guess if others with the same phone say they have it but you can't, my suggestion is factory reset, It would be a software problem.
0 Likes
userD7uTSQfLkM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A really good question. I bought this phone through MetroPCS and can't conceive of any reason why they'd want to delete it.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So, you tap on Home page, then swipe up to Search, and type "screen rec" ... check my screenshot
... you do not see the options I've underlined ?
.Screenshot_20221104-081456_Finder_1000000487_1667567753.jpg
0 Likes
userD7uTSQfLkM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Nope. No such animal. This is what I get:
Screenshot_20221104-134732_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
userD7uTSQfLkM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I grabbed a copy of an app called xRecorder which gives me the functionality I need. Too bad my phone doesn't support it natively. I did grab a copy of the user manual and screen recording is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation. Go figure.

0 Likes
JeLyStew
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I own an A13 and screen recording is absolutely a native app on my phone. I play miniclip's 8 ball pool and constantly use screen recording to send proof of cheating players stealing my coins to the dev's. It should definitely be an option in your quick panel.
0 Likes
userD7uTSQfLkM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Apparently there is more than one iterance of this phone. Most notably, those that have the Screen Recording option are usually the SM-A134U models. Mine is the SM-A136U model. Slight change in model number, but that seems to dictate what features are and are not present.

0 Likes