Original topic:

A13 Where to find the QR/barcode scanner

(Topic created: 05-19-2022 07:25 AM)
lovemybabies
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I just bought a Samsung galaxy A13 5G and I have watched videos,asked my phone & looked up everywhere to scan a bar code on my camera to set up my cameras. What they show in the camera I don't have the barcode button or in the settings. This is the second day I'm trying to put these up, very frustrating, can anybody help, thank you. 

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I can definitely understand your frustration on this issue, I am happy to help. Samsung Galaxy phones running Android 9.0 and above will have a QR code scanner built right inside the camera app. You will need to enable this feature first in the camera settings. To enable this feature, follow these steps: open the camera app and tap settings, turn on the toggle next to scan QR codes. You can also enable this feature from the quick tiles. First swipe down the status bar to open your notification panel. Look for the scan QR code tile and tap on it. The QR scanner will open. 

user4S3TqrkaRR
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am unable to scan QR codes on my Galaxy A13 5G.  I have seen other posts that say the function can be turned on in the camera app settings, and the Samsung internet app settings.  I have followed the instructions for both, but there is no option available to turn on the QR code.  There is nothing that references QR codes anywhere on the screen.  Is there another way to turn on QR scanning? 

Thanks