Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello dte230, thank you for reaching out to us on this. I can certainly see how inconvenient it is to have the notification shade constantly drop down. I would first check to see if a restart helps correct the behavior (simply press and hold the power button for the power menu, then tap restart).
If that doesn't help, there may be a third-party application that is the culprit behind the behavior. Use this guide for Safe Mode to see if this is why it is behaving this way: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
If the same behavior persist in Safe Mode, your phone might need a little cleaning. You can do so by clearing your device's cache partition. Just follow these steps:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
Lastly, I would try a factory reset if the above doesn't have any effect. Follow this guide carefully, and make sure to back up all your files and data beforehand that you do not wish to lose: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If the troubleshooting is not helpful, the phone will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. For service in the U.S., you can take the phone to a local U.S. walk-in service location https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung or to ship the phone in for service, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513- 3. Private Message: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8 If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.
For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html