JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A20 Interferes With Radios

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 06:55 AM)
usernc6mGhDuaK
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So I've got a new, Galaxy A20 4g LTE. Works great, except that, when I'm CHARGING it, I can't also listen to a radio!  The phone causes horrible radio "snow" and it's just not worth the effort. Nothing stops the "snow" except unplugging the phone, stopping the charging effort.  Problem immediately disappears, but my phone isnt CHARGED either. I read something about RFI filters maybe helping.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If this only happens when you are charging, it very well could be the charger. Have you tried a different charger? Or even plugging the charger into an outlet on a different AC circuit than the radio? 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Pestly
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
maybe your phone ed is defective I have the same phone and mine works great with any type of music and the charger is fast also
0 Likes
usernc6mGhDuaK
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have no idea what a "phone ed" is.  Speak English please.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Are you using the original charger that came with the device?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If this only happens when you are charging, it very well could be the charger. Have you tried a different charger? Or even plugging the charger into an outlet on a different AC circuit than the radio? 

Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'd like to ask a question. When you say "radio" are you stating internet/streaming? I ask because A20 has a FM chipset for "local" FM broadcasts(not streaming/internet) and we can no longer get local FM broadcasting.

Thanx;

Rick

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes