cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

A20 has no autobrightness

I recently bought a galaxy a20 and according to the manual there is an adaptive brightness option but when looking through the settings there is no adaptive brightness option. When I search for "adaptive" the only brightness option I get is the system app "AdaptiveBrightnessGo" which I can just force stop. I would like to figure out how to get an auto/adaptive brightness option

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A20 has no autobrightness

Give these steps a try: Go to settings > display > do you see a toggle below the brightness bar for adaptive brightness?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

Not even under my brightness adjustment in settings>display>under brightness. Factory unlocked.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. The setting is not found under the drop down under displays as I saw that it was in a video on youtube, instead, "Outdoor Mode" is found in that same spot.

Chatting with Samsung Members support, they could not verify if it had been removed, and recommended a hard reset, which i did, and the setting is still not there.

A reddit user said they had a similar issue, and after two soft resets their Adaptive Brightness setting returned. That did not work for me (and neither did the hard reset). They mentioned that an update may have glitched that setting and removed it. I'm just trying to find out if it was removed on purpose, and if there is a way to get it back. (I too have the AdaptiveBrightnessGo app installed apparently, but can not access it.)

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue. New A20 from Consumer Cellular. I just assumed at first it wasn't an option being a lower tier phone.

I do have an "Adaptive Display" as an option for "Screen Mode" lower down the Display menu, but I don't think that's the same thing.

Highlighted

There is no option at all for adaptive brightness. You would think someone from Samsung would know more about their phones, if they are working for the company.