JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A205U Bootloader unlock?

(Topic created: 03-31-2020 12:34 PM)
user1TUD1rST0H
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is Samsung planing on adding a OEM Unlock option so the A205U? I'd doubt it, but if so, when?

12 Replies
JHampton1-837
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices
0 Likes
user1TUD1rST0H
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Locked on boost AKA Sprint

0 Likes
Solution
Joellem
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

hi @user1TUD1rST0H 

sadly we don't recommend unlocking the bootloader it is for your safety and the device because unlocking bootload will open you up with vulnerabilities and potential Bricking of the device i would suggest using the default one and rooting the device will invalidate your warranty most of the stuff that you can do with an unlocked bootloader are doable with most of the apps in the play store.

hopefully, this will help with your question

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

user1TUD1rST0H
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I need to get my device rooted, because I am trying to get a magisk patch.

userooEOQlXnRW
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Man, samsung really doesn't realize how incredibly boring phones are when you can't do what you want with it. Just unlock the boot loaders. People like android platform specifically because of the open source nature of it. That's what makes it so different from iPhone. Without being able to take advantage of those things, it's just a bad version of iPhone. We own the device let us do what we want with it. We can accept responsibility for bricking if that happens. It's part of the risk and part of the fun. 

Samsung_BkrCGr9
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm trying to load cfw on my spare a205u because I feel like I'm stuck with all of the Samsung bloatware that I never use. I switched phones, and everything, and even though I own it, I don't have access to modifying the firmware.

0 Likes
Samsung_s90sM3f
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

YouTube shows you how to enable the OEM. These lots of videos for A20 ! Check em out. I sent a link!!

Hope that works ...

user1TUD1rST0H
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am on an A205U, and I tried this. The model might be different.

0 Likes
Ixnfinity
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm sorry Joellem, but isn't it illegal for you to deny us this option? I understand your recommendation and can appreciate it but isn't it my right to be able to unlock MY phone if I so desire?