JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A205U Bootloader unlock?

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 11:54 PM)
user1TUD1rST0H
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is Samsung planing on adding a OEM Unlock option so the A205U? I'd doubt it, but if so, when?

12 Replies
ninjasinabag
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's not illegal, just frowned upon.

I'm honestly planning on going antitrust and making a claim.

Oem unlock is a standard option and the removal of said option can be represented as false advertising since no reference was made to the removal of said option.

Advertising a device under false pretenses is a crime.

Options
Other Mobile Devices

I do not understand why they are frowning upon USA whether it could or should be done, the SM-A205G has bootloader unlocked. I think other international ones do to. So it is a USA thing they locked the bootloader and they won't give a valid reason of why USA can't be able to. There is just something they do not like about USA, and they are keeping USA from having the features and special ways of doing things with our phones like the other countries. Sounds like a per spite against USA.

ninjasinabag
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's a safety net for the basic user as leaving the oem unlock active means that third parties can just break our devices if they feel there is something going on.

The FBI would need to go through Samsung for encryption keys, and that's a solid no.

With an unlocked bootloader, they dont technically need approval from higher ups to break encryption since it's no longer protected.