JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A32 5G phone. Why can't I set different sounds for different notifications like texts vs. everything

(Topic created: 08-11-2021 12:11 AM)
Members_DIpmqFC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

On the Samsung A32 5G phone. Why can't I set different sounds for different notifications like texts vs. everything else like I could do on my previous and MUCH OLDER Samsung Galaxy phones? I want to set a separate and specific sound/music for my text messages but unfortunately the Samsung A32 5G phone has but ONE sound option for ALL notifications.

I want to be able to select a specific sound for different notification but the Samsung A32 5G phone ONLY allows for a single sound option for ALL notifications. That needs to be change to allow for a user to choose different notification alarms/song for different notifications.

To be more specific about which notifications; text message notification, Calendar notifications & appointment reminders, general notifications, app notifications, app specific notifications

Along those same lines, I would like to be able to set a different ringtone for ALL "unknown" callers, or calls from "anyone NOT saved in my contact list".

9 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
For phone calls go into contacts and select the contact you want to have a custom ringtone. Press the edit button with a Pencil icon at the bottom, scroll down till you see view more under groups and scroll all the way down till you see ringtone.

Is Samsung messages go into the chat you want a custom notification, press the 3 dots upper right side and select notification type.

For Google messages select the conversation, press the 3 dots and press details. Then choose notification and you should see a sound menu.

For individual apps go into system settings>apps>(the app you want a custom notification)>notification then press the words of the type of notification you want to change the sound for and select sound to change it.
Members_DIpmqFC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

You directions for "individual apps" helped me with setting up a specific notification for the text messages when receiving a "New Message".

And even though I do not need the information on how to get a specified notification for a certain "conversation" or "chat", I do appreciate the information as I may be able to use it in the future.

As for the custom ringtones, I know how to select a custom ringtone for someone that is a contact or a group of contacts who is in my contact list. That is relatively easy.

However, what I want is a ringtone for calls from anyone who IS "NOT" in my "Contacts list" or for any "unknown callers". And to do this without having to separately go to each individual contact to do so. If I could easily set a "default" ringtone for "all contacts" on my "contact list" then just set the "default ringtone" for "all calls"  to something different, then that would work.

I would like to have a ringtone for ALL "Unknown callers" that would essentially amount to a "Do not answer" or "Don't bother looking at who is calling" ringtone.

Thank you for your help for giving a solution for the largest part of my request for help.
I hope that you or someone else might have a solution for the rest of it.

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Open contacts and press the 3 lines, then expand the groups section. Create a new group and name it something like contacts then select the ringtone you would prefer. Once you select add member press and hold the first contact till it has a check mark and while you continue to hold drag your finger to the bottom of the screen and it should start selecting all your contacts. Then just add any new contacts to the group.

Open your phone app and press the 3 dots and open settings. Select call alerts and ringtone and change ringtone to what you want for unknown callers.
groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Can't you just make it the default ring tone and give all your contacts each a different ring tone? That's what I do. Hope that helps.
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you, Je655, for the clear instructions. It really helps, especially when someone is coming from a different cell brand with different ways to do things.

user6ktDiY8QNz
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Its simple-open a text message, then the three dots at the top, then notification sound.

0 Likes
Sparkle1221
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
But how do you change the notification sound for different apps?
kaboombunny
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's what I want to know! Can't figure out how to get texts and emails and weather notifications to sound different it's very irritating
dskh8539
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Check this out on YouTube.  It may answer your question.

Galaxy S23/S23 Ultra: How to Set Different Notification Sound For Each Separate App.

0 Likes