Original topic:

A32 5G weak wifi

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 06:19 AM)
jimbo5
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
New phone, A32 5G with TMobile. the wifi software on the phone is terrible.  If I go more than 1 floor or 30 feet from my router, the connection is super weak and consistently disconnects.  Same spots in my home, multiple older used phones work fine connecting to wifi, so I know Its not my router or internet speed.   Please update software to fix the spotty WiFi abilities of the phone. 
18 Replies
useruFtVii6qoa
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Has anyone been able to resolve the wifi drop on the A32 5G phone?

userr7OHcqKTdv
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

New A32 5G through Koodo, WiFi dropping even next to the router... terrible to almost non existent signal downstairs. Quite frankly this phone is hot garbage and I'm probably going to exchange it as I don't even use the 5G function and WiFi is almost unusable... for a device in 2021!?!?!?

0 Likes
userIiEdfuulRJ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes I have the same issue. Just got it about 2 weeks ago. I'm liking most of the phone as this is my first Samsung. But going from my OnePlus Nord n10 5g the distance is terrible. Shoot half the time won't even show it in the wifi list. NEED HELP!!!?
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can see how this issue can be frustrating Does this issue still occur when you connect your phone to another wifi source?

0 Likes
Silme
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes, the issue occurs with different WiFi sources. Also using A32 5G as a Hotspot is almost impossible - I could comfortably work using my ancient LG V30 4G but with A32 as a Hotspot my VPN disconnects every couple of seconds within a foot or 2 from the phone. I can open VPN and remote desktop on the phone itself and it will be stable and fast but 15" laptop is much more convenient for obvious reasons
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recommend that you try placing your phone in safe mode. If this step doesn't work I recommend that you send me a private message using this link here. http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
0 Likes
user43NGLXMgqJ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My phone will not send pictures when I'm at home!
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Oh no!  I have something for you to try if possible.  Go in settings > Wi-fi > hit the Settings button again > Advanced > and turn OFF Auto Network switch.  I've had this issue in the past with a previous Samsung phone and this corrected the issue for me.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
Tardo317
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This seems to have worked for me
Go to Settings -> Location -> Google Location Accuracy
Turn off