Original topic:

A32 5g Voice-capture (ie.- "cheese", "capture", etc) for camera gone?!!

(Topic created: 12-07-2021 09:04 AM)
tbirdxo
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I recently updated my phone from an S10 to the Galaxy A32 5g & was excited to see what feature upgrades and new controls they've added... I was extremely upset to find out that not only is Bixby no longer available, but the camera app also removed the voice controlled capture function! I'm disabled and can only use one hand so the only way that I was able to take pictures sometimes was by saying "capture" or "cheese" and now that it's not an option, I've noticed I am unable to take photos sometimes & struggle using the camera app. I really wish you hadn't paired up with Google but that's neither here nor there. what I'm really frustrated about is that the old models had more features than the new ones! It makes no **bleep**g sense & I'm really disappointed with Samsung/Android! should've just kept my old S10 lmao what the heck! super unhappy customer here 😒 

I've also noticed that a lot of the features stop working randomly. All the sudden my volume goes off and my ringer settings turn to vibrate or mute randomly when I have not ever pressed a button. I'm usually always having my ringer set to loud. Not only that but my messages notifications no longer work. The notifications don't pop up as a preview on the screen and I don't hear the sound or get a vibration. I haven't changed the settings ever and in fact I'm always free checking making sure my notifications are in fact on and set to loud which they are but I still don't get notified. these "updates" are really "downgrades" imo. loving the developer options but still, compared to the models from a decade ago, this are so much worse! 
7 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You can use Google Assistant to give voice commands to take a picture if you activate Voice Match and the hands free option in the Google app settings.
0 Likes
tbirdxo
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I do use Google assistant for the meantime but it's not the same and I much prefer Bixby (I know, I know) lol. but the capture feature for Google assistant isn't as easily accessible or usable for me as the "capture"/"cheese" features were. I always have issues with it and it never seems to work properly or capture the images. but my issue isn't with Google... it's with Samsung/Android for removing those features and not even leaving an option to use them. I'm not sure why they thought voice capture was enough of an unnecessary feature to remove it completely, but they should keep people with disabilities in mind when deciding these things.
HighArcher
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
In my house we have an s20+ and an A32: the A32 is not a flagship model, such as the S10 was, so I suspect that is the reason you don't see some of the premium features that you had on your old phone. You may have to replace your entry-level phone with another flagship quality model in order to get your experience back- maybe a refurbished S10 is an option. Or maybe some of these features you miss are there on a mid-range model, A52? Time for some research/digging to find out.
Good luck 🙂 👍
0 Likes
chani2021
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Totally insane to have a Samsung 3 and NOT have voice picture taking capability. Terrible omission. After 3 s smsing phones My next phone will be iPhone
tbirdxo
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm anti-iPhone purely because of the lack of customization/downloading (without having to purchase) abilities. will probably never switch until they stop the money-grubbing helicopter control they have over their products. I agree though, it's completely crazy to pay all of this $ for the newest, top of the line phone and have LESS features than ones from 10 years ago. Apple would easily have be the best if they allowed for third party downloading.

I've also noticed the gestures are lacking too.. nothing like they used to be that allowed for the creative license to at setup gestures anyway you want. if it weren't for launchers and 3rd party apps, I'd have been gone eons ago 🙄😒

🖕🏽 you Samsung/ Android
0 Likes
userkTveB9MTyK
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Extremely upset that the camera app lacks the voice command on my A32 5G. What a ridiculous omission! Spent nearly 3 hours today on the phone with Samsung support - basically confirming that this feature was omitted from the native phone app. I explained that the Google Assist ( reviewed as greatly preferable to Bixby, etc. 3rd party apps) did not provide an adequate alternative. Trying to capture a 2 year old's activities by saying "hey google, take a picture - (Google response) ok, get ready" then the 2 second timer countdown - the kid is out of the room, down the hall - point is, useless for quick snapshots. PLEASE!!! Send a patch and correct this insulting omission! Your consumers deserve this basic, expected feature!

0 Likes
userkTveB9MTyK
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Extremely upset that the camera app lacks the voice command on my A32 5G. What a ridiculous omission! Spent nearly 3 hours today on the phone with Samsung support - basically confirming that this feature was omitted from the native phone app. I explained that the Google Assist ( reviewed as greatly preferable to Bixby, etc. 3rd party apps) did not provide an adequate alternative. Trying to capture a 2 year old's activities by saying "hey google, take a picture - (Google response) ok, get ready" then the 2 second timer countdown - the kid is out of the room, down the hall - point is, useless for quick snapshots. PLEASE!!! Send a patch and correct this insulting omission! Your consumers deserve this basic, expected feature!

0 Likes