Original topic:

A42 5G still providing Thailand information after move

(Topic created: 05-08-2021 07:59 AM)
user9iEIuapiMD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I lived in Thailand and bought a Galaxy A42 5 G phone which I used for several months.  I have returned to the US and have AT&T through Consumer Cellular.  My phone gives me information (time and temp) about Thailand every time I turn it on.  When I make a call with it, I am asked if I want roaming country or home country.  How do I remove the Thailand network thing off the phone?  I have talked with customer service at Consumer Cellular, but they couldn't help me.

1 Reply
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I understand how frustrating this may be. Regretfully, devices are manufactured for the regions in which they are sold and are intended to be used. This would be why you are still receiving the information for Thailand. You are welcome to reach out to support for that phone by following the link below, as you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes