Original topic:

A50 Adding ringtone from App

(Topic created: 05-22-2020 12:06 AM)
Boxxy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi

Wife bought me an A50 for my birthday and i am not really tech savvy so having trouble finding out how to do this.

I want to attach a specific ringtone to one of my contacts, i know how to do it with the default ringtones already on my phone but i downloaded a ringtone APP (that has numerous other ringtones avaIlable) but cannot find how to use one of those ringtones in that app to match up with my contact

Can anyone help an old fella ??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well it could yes, just like with gaming, social media, or camera apps the features are all different so the way the app communicates and saves files to your device would also vary app to app.

Do you have the permissions enabled in the ringtone app? Specifically the storage one(s).

-If not could you try enabling them and see if you can find a ringtone saved from the app that way?

I'm not super familiar with "wife ringtones free" but does it have a place inside the app perhaps when you select a wanted ringtone that you can set it through there?

Those are typically the most popular ways an app would make a ringtone available to your device so one of those should work for you. If they don't and you would like to try a different app I use Zedge on my personal Note 10+. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

What ringtone app are you using on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Boxxy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i downloaded "wife ringtones free" to try it - there were plenty other ringtone apps available when i was looking but started with this one to see if i could get it to work, does it matter which one i downloaded does it??

Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well it could yes, just like with gaming, social media, or camera apps the features are all different so the way the app communicates and saves files to your device would also vary app to app.

Do you have the permissions enabled in the ringtone app? Specifically the storage one(s).

-If not could you try enabling them and see if you can find a ringtone saved from the app that way?

I'm not super familiar with "wife ringtones free" but does it have a place inside the app perhaps when you select a wanted ringtone that you can set it through there?

Those are typically the most popular ways an app would make a ringtone available to your device so one of those should work for you. If they don't and you would like to try a different app I use Zedge on my personal Note 10+. 

Boxxy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for your help, seems an old fella like me just happen to miss the one button he needed to press to access what i wanted - this reply and the daughter in law fixed the problem(user error)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No problem! We're happy to help.

0 Likes