JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A50 Randomly Talks to me 🤔

(Topic created: 10-17-2021 11:25 PM)
ChMaVa1882
Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a A50. Since the new Android 11 update, when I'm not on my phone, my phone will start talking saying things like  'Notification' or 'Gmail or it says 'Facebook and who the msg is from. I think it's my text to speech cuz my Google Assistant is set to a male voice.  I don't have any settings set to read any Notifications outloud or Talk Back enabled.   It's been happening randomly off and on when my phone will be in my back pocket or just laying on the table. I have Bixby disabled so I know it's not that. It's just really weird and kinda creepy. Lol I've been having error issues too,alot of the same ones other people have been having as well. I have reported to Samsung some of them but didn't seem to get a answer. Would it be better to just do a factory reset and start all over? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Exigė
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think it's nice that your phone befriended you

In all seriousness you could look through text to speech settings in both google and your phone settings, if that doesn't work then try a factory reset but make sure u backup your data and files

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Exigė
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think it's nice that your phone befriended you

In all seriousness you could look through text to speech settings in both google and your phone settings, if that doesn't work then try a factory reset but make sure u backup your data and files
ChMaVa1882
Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ya,I went through all my settings and nothing made a difference. I even check the notification and it's just says 'System UI'. So a factory reset is what I need.
0 Likes
ItsJustJess
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think could be your Google assistant. Make sure your notifications for Google itself are blocked. Start by searching assistant settings. From there you be on your Google account page. Look for notifications. Under Phone should say it's off but you can click on it to make sure. If not I have no idea but I hope you can fix it. My GA has a different voice for notifications so it's possible I think. I added a few pics if it helps.Screenshot_20211018-065449_Google_6327.jpgScreenshot_20211018-065440_Google_6326.jpgScreenshot_20211018-065840_Settings Suggestions_6329.jpg
Allycatt
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My Google assistant used to pop up randomly. Once I was swearing at my game and she said, "You can't talk to me like that!" I almost spit up my liver! 😹
ChMaVa1882
Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ya, it's not my Google Assistant cuz I have it set to a Male voice. But Text to Speech is a Female. It's like when I get a notification, it just randomly says what the notification is. Today she said, 'Facebook' while I was listening to music and it was hooked up to my speakers. When I picked up my phone, I did have a notification from Facebook... Who would of known? 🤣 I appreciate ur feedback tho. I didn't even know I had those Google Assistant settings. Thank u! 😁
0 Likes
ChMaVa1882
Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think I got it. It sent a notification and said Android settings. When I clicked on it it listed a whole bunch of notifications. I've used Car Mode but he's male. And I recently had my phone in developer mode. Could she be the voice? 🤔Screenshot_20211029-074347_Settings_19355.jpgScreenshot_20211029-075741_Settings_19356.jpg
0 Likes