cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

A50 not responding to touch

Hello everyone, 

I have a samsung A50 that is around 3 months old and unfortunately I lost the warranty papers. 

Here's what happened:
- Phone was working just fine, didn't fell, no damage, nothing. 
- I opened instagram messenger and after typing in a few words, the phone went super slow, got slower and slower until it eventually stopped responding to touch. Volume and power keys were still working, so was the screen. It didn't start working again so I just thought it was not working and that's it. I tried to force restart it and everything, nothing worked. 
I put it to rest and 2 days later, I decided to charge it and give it another try, it was working again!
- I used it for almost 2 days, it had no issues, until I opened messenger on instagram again. As soon as I did, the same problem occured. (Looks like instagram somehow caused this)
- This happened again 1 week ago, I've let it ran out of battery couple times, force restarted it, nothing works. Then I reset the data and cache, didn't work either. I keep trying every other day, the screen won't respond to touch even tho it seems fine, it turns on, volume and power keys are working fine. So is the boot menu but I can't use it. 

Any ideas what this could be? Is there something else I could try to fix it since I lost the warranty papers? 

Cheers, 
dopai

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A50 not responding to touch

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.