cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

A50 "concert hall" mode that cannot be switched off

After recent update on 6.01.2020 the "concert hall" mode was automatically turned on. The sound of google maps navi, podsatsts etc. is like in cave, echo, tin can etc. 

The problem is that this mode is in s9 s10 models, but not in a50. I just can't find it in advanced voice settings. There must be some bug in recent update.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A50 "concert hall" mode that cannot be switched off

Concert Hall Mode is not a feature on the A50. Have you tested the phone in Safe Mode? I recommend you take the phone to a local uBreakiFix location for evaluation. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for your reply. I've tried safe mode, no change. I'm aware that "concert hall" is not a feature I can turn on/off, but somehow it was turned on right after an update. Other owners report the same, see eg. here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Samsung-galaxy-A50-sounds-like-the-speaker-...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It was mentioned as a troubleshooting step for phones that do have the feature. Have you tried any of these sound settings? 

Adapt Sound

The Galaxy A30 and Galaxy A50 also come with Adapt Sound, a feature that is usually found on flagship Samsung devices. As the name suggests, using this feature, one can tweak the sound output over earphones from the phone to adapt to their own hearing. This is a great feature to have if you own a decent pair of earphones and are a music buff.

You can set up Adapt Sound on your Galaxy A30 and A50 from Settings → Sound → Adapt Sound.

Enable Dolby Atmos

Another useful sound related tip for the Galaxy A30 and A50. The phone comes with Dolby Atmos support, though unlike Samsung’s flagship devices, this is only available for sound output over the headphone jack.

If you consume a lot of content via your Galaxy A30 or A50, you will like the sound improvement that Dolby Atmos brings. Just make sure to enable it from Settings → Sounds and Vibration → Sound quality and effects. Simply enable the Dolby Atmos toggle from here. You can keep the Dolby Atmos setting to Auto, though if you primarily see movies, you can switch over to Movie mode.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks again, but the problem concerns only the loudspeaker, not earphones. Just to make sure I plugged earphones and changed the settings (atmos and adapt sound), it didn't solve the problem.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You may want to have it evaluated by a certified technician. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've cleared data and cache of Soundalive system app and it helped.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have exactly the same problem. The concert hall option is on for a few weeks now, when it is on speaker. I only had time now to look into this, but I am not able to find the solution. What is the Soundalive system app? I seem not to have it. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Its SoundAssistant, not SoundAlive

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, I have this app and I cleared it, both the cache and then the data, but it does not solve the problem here, there is still an echo whenever I put the phone on speakers. The echo is not there when connected to earphone, but the speaker echo is annoying. Does anybody have a clue what to do?