cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

A50, unlocked US variant; L2TP/IPSEC PSK VPN crash/reboot

Device reboots immediately upon connection to my VPN server.

How do I submit logs to report this is broken? It's a pretty important feature.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A50, unlocked US variant; L2TP/IPSEC PSK VPN crash/reboot

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried connecting your device to a non-secured WiFi network to see if it will connect with no issues?

Highlighted
Astronaut

@SamsungJoJo This has nothing to do with non-secured WiFi. It is broken on cellular and Wifi (with and without encryption). I have the exact same problem. I can use various VPN services such as Cisco AnyConnect and PrivateInternetAccess. This is the built-in Android VPN client setup with L2TP/IPSEC using PSK in order to establish a VPN back to a remote VPN service such as a Meraki Firewall.

It works perfectly on EVERY other Android device I have available to me;

Galaxy S8+

Pixel 1

Pixel 3

Nexus 9LTE

When connecting my A50 to an identically configured L2TP/IPSEC PSK VPN, the phone reboots immediately after successfully connecting. I know it was successful because my syslog says it was.

If I intentionally provide an invalid password for the VPN it fails and does not reboot.

This IS a critical feature for those of us who use it. It needs to be fixed. What can WE do to help Samsung identify the issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought an A50 unlocked last week and as soon as I made a VPN connection via IPSEC/L2TP PSK the device immediately rebooted on latest security patch:

A505U1UES4ATA1

Attempted flashing firmware and rebooting but the issue persists. I didnt have this problem on the Note 8