JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A51 5G Can't make or receive calls after update on 04-09-2023

(Topic created: 04-15-2023 04:25 PM)
Members_XAqoUqn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

AT&T changed sim card twice and no luck. Took to Samsung store and they ran a hardware test that passed every test. Haven't done a hard reset yet. Any ideas out there? All other functions working, text, Marco Polo, WhatsApp, Facebook instant messenger. The caller calling stats it goes straight to voicemail. When I make calls, it says COULDN'T CONNECT!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to make calls on your A51. We are aware of the symptoms you are experiencing. We are working with our engineers in trying to resolve this matter. Please be sure to keep the phone updated, as once it is resolved, it will be in the form of an update.

However in the mean time as a workaround to regain functionality,  I would recommend setting Samsung Messages as your default messaging apps using these steps: Settings > Apps > choose default app > SMS app > Select Samsung messages app or Settings > Apps > choose default app > SMS app > Select Samsung messages app.

I know the above sounds strange as it is a Text related setting and not a call one. However, according to the carrier it has been resolving many other's functionality issues with calls.

UPDATE: 4/19/23 - Samsung & Carriers are beginning to roll out an update that should resolve this matter. Please ensure your device is completely up to date. If you're still having issues after the update and have attempted the above, contact your carrier for further instructions as this very well may be a carrier-related issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Members_XAqoUqn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Read a solution on Reddit. Turn A51 5G on SAFE MODE.  When you power off phone continue holding Power

button till it gets into SAFE MODE. Make a call and receive a call. Then do a RESTART to get out of SAFE MODE. It worked for me!!! I had a different screen background and now that is not there. It's back to background when I purchased phone. 

Members_XAqoUqn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Getting into SAFE MODE. AT&T nor Samsung could fix!!! But after shutting off my phone over night the same issue returned. So got into Safe Mode again and checked Device Care software. Discovered Flip Sense Time and Weather app had multiple crashes. So, I switched to one that wasn't fixed. Now my Device Care is saying every thing is GREAT!! With a smiley face!!! It I can't make calls tomorrow morning then I'll add my comment here. If I don't add anything, then all is well.

Members_XAqoUqn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well today isn't a good day. Turned phone on and tried calls. Same thing. Can't make calls, says COULDN'T CONNECT. Wife tried to call me and it's going straight to voicemail.

Been on phone with AT&T support to resolve. It's gone to tech support supervisor.

It's strange while in SAFE MODE most apps are disabled from being used. I couldn't help noticing that Samsung has added a lot of game that I don't use. Will wait for tech support supervisor to call back before I start uninstalling apps I don't use. I wonder if ATT Call Protect or Active Armor is conflicting with Avast mobile security?

0 Likes
managreenwell
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I was on the phone with both Samsung and ATT for days. On Friday (4/14/23) Samsung released the fix, but you have to do the Safe Mode start that people listed above. The tech on the phone with me actually had me do it two times to have it work. Then just restart it like normal after you have made a call in safe mode. 

0 Likes
Members_XAqoUqn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'll mention to AT&T tech supervisor when he calls. Thanks for update.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to make calls on your A51. We are aware of the symptoms you are experiencing. We are working with our engineers in trying to resolve this matter. Please be sure to keep the phone updated, as once it is resolved, it will be in the form of an update.

However in the mean time as a workaround to regain functionality,  I would recommend setting Samsung Messages as your default messaging apps using these steps: Settings > Apps > choose default app > SMS app > Select Samsung messages app or Settings > Apps > choose default app > SMS app > Select Samsung messages app.

I know the above sounds strange as it is a Text related setting and not a call one. However, according to the carrier it has been resolving many other's functionality issues with calls.

UPDATE: 4/19/23 - Samsung & Carriers are beginning to roll out an update that should resolve this matter. Please ensure your device is completely up to date. If you're still having issues after the update and have attempted the above, contact your carrier for further instructions as this very well may be a carrier-related issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.