cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

A51 camera keeps crashing

Almost every time I try to use the camera app on my a51 (bought 2 months ago) it freezes then my phone restarts. I think it started when i recently installed an update, about a week ago.

Please can anyone help fix this or send me a replacement, this phone has been perfect expect for this. Disappointed as I've not had it long.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: A51 camera keeps crashing

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the camera app.

Also, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have tried this and it didn't work. My phone has crashed again when I wasn't using the camera. What should I do?

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the camera app.

Also, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend making sure your phone has the latest Software available, as I believe the latest update addressed some things with the camera app.

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.

2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > System updates System updates icon.
  3. Tap Check for system updates.
  4. Perform one of the following:
    • If advised that the software is up-to-date, tap OK.
    • If a software update is available:
      1. Tap Download.
      2. Once the download has completed, tap Install Now.

If there are no updates or you have already updated your phone, I would recommend trying out the phone within the Safe Mode, and let me know if it crashes within Safe Mode. If it doesn't crash within Safe mode, this would mean there's a third party app installed on your device that could be hindering the others.

Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

If the crashes are happening while in safe mode, the next step would be a factory data reset. Make sure when doing this though, that you back up any data on your device, as it will be lost during the reset.

Factory Data Reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

The reset should ultimately resolve this, but if it doesn't service would be required at that point. You can reach out to a local UBreakiFix more additional service details. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you still need help with this issue?