JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A51Unable to send or receive phone calls or texts after Android 11 upgrade (mobile data still works)

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 12:04 AM)
Samsung_4yqIedl
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey,

The evening of May 25th I updated my unlocked Galaxy A51 to Android 11 and UI 3.1 (current version: A515FXXU4UED7 / A515FOWO4EUE1 / A515FXXU4EUD7.

My phone carrier  is Verizon Wireless and the model numberSM-A515F/T

Since getting the update I haven't been able to make or receive phone calls or texts. As soon as I dial the number it changes from "calling" to "couldn't connect" or if texting I receive a message stating "couldn't send message." I'm still able to use LTE+ mobile data.

I've already tried clearing my phone's cache partition as well as upgrading all apps on the play store. I also gave the phone and contact apps all available permissions. Reset phone multiple times including a factory reset and am still having the issue.

Edit/Update: Just so everyone knows I've already spent 6+ hours with Verizon in store and on the phone and they all have no idea as to the cause of the problem or any potential solutions either. Hence why I'm reaching out here.

7 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's a carrier issue not Samsung's. Carriers are notorious for blaming phone companies. Carriers, like most carriers, are responsible for phone, text, voicemail and vvm issues.
Samsung_4yqIedl
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well that's great but it doesn't help me fix the problem. Has anybody else had the same issue and been able to resolve it? If so, please share so I can solve this problem too.

userehd6EHL5tO
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My A51 was immediately hanging up if I attempted to make a call. I had to send my 8 month old phone in to Samsung. They ended up replacing it. I did not have any problems with my messaging.Screenshot_20210420-134931_Call.jpg
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

this one seems like a different issue that the post. Yours is the Phone app failing, which is not really the carrier issue but really is the phone's issue.. what the post is describing is more of a carrier issue.

But since the Original Poster says he/she has been working with Verzion already, what you (the poster) can do is submit the issue to Samsung Members app post recreating the issue. 

Hopefully doing so will let the techs see what happening within the phone. 

DocBenjamin
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Only thing we can do is wait for an update. Ton of users have same issue
0 Likes
shawty_Fo
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My phone did an update on my Samsung A71 on 6/20/21 & now it does not merge calls when I try to add a third party😡🤬, how & why did Samsung remove this valuable feature & what can I do to remedy it & get it back?!!! I need this feature back immediately!!
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I understand how frustrating this is. These articles provide the troubleshooting available for the issues you are describing. 

Galaxy phone is unable to make or receive calls

Messages on Samsung phone are slow, do not send, or cannot be received

If calls and texts are still not working after completing the troubleshooting, you will need to continue to work with your service provider to troubleshoot the issue as they are responsible for the call and text functions of the phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.