JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A53 Bluetooth randomly disconnects and reconnects since last update

(Topic created: 06-07-2022 05:52 PM)
DarthBob
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For the last few weeks, since right around the time of the last update, my Samsung A53 5G will disconnect and reconnect randomly. This happens no matter what device I'm using, and happens with increasing frequency until Bluetooth devices are essentially unusable.

I've tried the following to resolve:

1. Unpairing and repairing the impacted devices.
  2. Clearing all my network/bluetooth connections.
  3. Resetting the phone.

Only resetting the phone has worked, and that only worked for a limited time; I reset my phone less than a week ago, and this issue has started up again today.

There was another issue reported with Bluetooth following the latest update in the following post:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/A53-5G-bluetooth-problem/td-p/2284197#.Yp9Q...

While the symptoms are different, I have to wonder whether they're related somehow.

Thx.

12 Replies
Tamax2p
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
same issue, I thought it was just me. z fold 3
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

is the BT turning off (in the quick panel BT is greying out and turning back on), or is it just disconnecting while it's still on??

if it's turning off, then try using Nice Catch to see what is causing the on/off.

if it's just disconnecting without turning off, report asap when issue is seen again to samsung members app > get help > error report.

DarthBob
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That was a brilliant catch. Yes - the BT appears to actually be turning off.

0 Likes
DarthBob
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I assume this would be a change in the system settings in Nice Catch?

DarthBob
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

...and with everything being checked, Nice Catch isn't seeing anything when it turns off, which it's done twice now.

0 Likes
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

okay, then it's something that needs to be checked by samsung directly.

Reproduce the issue or when it happens again, immediately report error to samsung members app > get help > error report.

you can also suspect hardware defect since Nice Catch didn't detect anything, the phone could be disabling BT due to hardware malfunctioning. So your 2nd option is to visit authorized repair center for BT part checkup.

DarthBob
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My son also purchased an A53 about a week after I did. He's been experiencing the same issue, he says it only happens while he's listening to Audible. I would swear that it has happened to me with Spotify as well, but I have to admit that I listen to Audible ~80% of the time during the day, so I'll have to try a different app tomorrow and see what happens.

DarthBob
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It actually appears to be a specific issue with Audible. As I noted in another note on this chain, my son purchased an A53 about a week after I did. He has also been observing this issue, but noted that it only appeared to be happening with Audible. I listened to Spotify for a few hours last night without any issues. This morning I finished up an audiobook in Audible for about two hours, and this occurred several times. I've been listening to podcasts in another app for 2-3h without any issues.

In my other post regarding this, I noted that it had previously happened while I was listening to Spotify. However, I'm not good about actually clearing apps out of memory, so Audible was probably running in the background. It is not today. I may fire it up and leave it in the background to see what happens.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for sharing this!  We look forward to hearing back from you!  

0 Likes