JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A53 calls not working over Car Bluetooth Since update

(Topic created: 03-08-2023 12:32 PM)
dhall629
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can't make or receive calls when paired with my car since the upgrade a few days ago. I've restarted my phone several times, unpaired also. Anybody else having issues?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear this! There are various things that could be occurring here. Let see if we can't get it back working properly for you. 

Please check out the following link. I recommend doing step 1 if that doesn't work, select the no option at the bottom and perform the troubleshooting in step 2. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001226 

Before you go through those last two steps in that troubleshooting article, make sure you try to reconnect to the car and pair up your device again to see if it's working.  If not, depending on the software in your car's system, you may have to reach out to the manufacturer, they sometimes have updates for Bluetooth versions for their radios that come out where you will need to update these for communications to be seamless. 

If everything is up-to-date there, you can go to the last step in the article above to try a factory data reset of your phone. Make sure to back everything up prior to the reset. 

From this point, it should be working, If not there's only one last question to consider from step 3 of the article: 

Is the device connecting to other Bluetooth devices?

-If yes, more than likely going to be a compatibility issue between the phone and the car's system. 

-If no, The unit will require service. You can reach out to us via PM by clicking on our name and selecting the message option, or reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, Live chat, or call 1-800-726-7864. When reaching out please advise the troubleshooting you performed along with the model, serial, and IMEI of the device.