A54 scrolling stutter issue

(Topic created: 06-03-2023 11:28 PM)
Alexs20
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

New device, just from box. And here is what I have

https://youtube.com/shorts/fsgiLeZR3ds

It stutter like a 10 years old phone... in any scrollable area... doesnt matter where

Any chance that Samsung will fix it before I return the phone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Alexs20, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community. I can understand how annoying that stutter can be when scrolling. Does it do this with every app that can use scrolling, or is it limited to just the Reddit app? 

You can try clearing your device's cache partition, which can help improve device behavior. Simply use these steps:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button while still holding volume up until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache
- Use power button to select. 

If clearing the cache partition didn't work, you can also try a factory reset. Be sure to back up anything you do not wish to lose, such as important files or photos, before following these steps carefully: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

View solution in context

10 Replies
BlazeStar
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same problem, right out of the box plus the second text I sent there went that 'error report'. Still constantly having bucking, stuttering, freezing, speech rec a lot of times will stop recording after the first word. It takes  pictures, any video i take then share, comes out like I'd taken it under water. Now I'm locked out of my home screen . Somehow when I set up a password ( stupidest idea, ever) it worked the first 3x. On the forth other told me it was an incorrect password. I believe I found it in my prior a32 before the A54 which I've been switched back over to use , now won't let me get in with that pw either. I think I was hacked. The lady where I bought my phone swapped my SD cards to be able to have newer info from one phone to the other. Now, I'm realizing that I am missing an SD card from my A32 because A5

0 Likes
BlazeStar
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A54 card is in my A32. Where is my A32 card, hmmm? I am starting to believe sumpin phishy is going on!!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Alexs20, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Community. I can understand how annoying that stutter can be when scrolling. Does it do this with every app that can use scrolling, or is it limited to just the Reddit app? 

You can try clearing your device's cache partition, which can help improve device behavior. Simply use these steps:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button while still holding volume up until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache
- Use power button to select. 

If clearing the cache partition didn't work, you can also try a factory reset. Be sure to back up anything you do not wish to lose, such as important files or photos, before following these steps carefully: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Alexs20
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Oh, standard reply, I like that. As i stated before it is " in any scrollable area"
And of course I did several factory resets, reboots, tried the safe mode, dug in settings. nothing helps.
And then, when I was in Costco, I tried to test S21 and S22. How surprised I was when I found that flagships from Samsung have exactly the same scrolling issue....
now I know that this problem coming from the system's code that Samsung somehow broke (in vanilla Android I do not see that issue)
I also surprised that nobody raised the red flag about that problem.
Anyway, going to return my device as it is still in 15 days window.

Alexs20
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

And in additional, here is another video - scrolling settings
https://youtube.com/shorts/Y4fbQe-7zao
I believe you can reproduce that on your own device if you are running latest One UI

ThePik
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have same problem with A54 , but my A52s with latest one ui works ok.

maryava
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recently bought A54 (5g 256 gig 8 gig ram) and my previous phone is s8+.

After just 2 day working with my new phone A54:
Unfortunately, this phone is awfully slower than my old phone and its hardware specifications don't seem real at all.
I am really disappointed with Samsung and this phone is not worth buying.
I will never forget this slow phone.
The phone is slow and useless.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@maryava Is there a chance you could still trade the phone back into where you purchased it for a different Samsung? I hate to hear that you're disappointed with the new device. 😓 I've always been very pleased with Samsung products. 

@Alexs20 Did you ever get your problem resolved?

0 Likes
Alexs20
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No, not resolved. Returned it back to Samsung for refund and not looking back.

It was my last attempt to join the samsung's ecosystem. No more, unless I see it on sale for $99, lol.

For these, who never had experience with pure android devices, samsung devices are probably ok. But as for me, even my old Pixel XL 3a works better than A54, and even better than S21.

0 Likes